Main > The Round Table

Medieval Tent

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sir Wolf:
no i would use a cw tent if you have it. i have even seen 16thc groups use them.

Sir James A:
If I remember right, there is space to set up modern tents away from the period tents. So you could still get and use a regular "modernish" style tent, just couldn't have it set up with the rest of the time line. Same as having a modern cot or air mattress or such; not visible during "open" hours, but still viable for use when the public isn't there. The viking style tents that I saw (I think viking, not my period of interest at all) were open on both ends, and had visible frame bits where the top pole came out the front and back too.

Here's a pic from DoK 2012:

scott2978:
This Days of Knights event seems fun. Maybe some day I can get all the stuff together to make it out there.

Sir Nate:
Tents have changed. Some used to have a sort of dome at the part and were round

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
I think you may find something like this is a more authentic Norman style. The main difference between these and a 15th century soldier/campaign tent is the ridge pole is external to the body of the tent in a sort of sleeve along the top.

http://www.gambeson.pl/medieval-on-line-shop/cotton-tents/norman-style-tent-cotton-4x8.html

G.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version