"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty."
                -- Lau Tzu

Author Topic: Fable Anniversary!  (Read 7079 times)

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
Fable Anniversary!
« on: 2014-02-12, 04:57:39 »
Okey, Fable Anniversary. Must I say more? This game has finally been remastered and is now out for purchase!!! This game is Lost chapters version plus some. The remastered version is absolutely stunning! I absolutely love fable. The first was the best by far. Who else is getting this game? Come on, it can't just be me. This is THE RPG. I have a question about this game if anyone can answer it. Why is the world called Albion? Is it supposed to be THE Albion as in England, or is it just borrowing the name for its world?
-"I raise not the sword, but the shield."-Aiden Max

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Fable Anniversary!
« Reply #1 on: 2014-02-12, 15:06:28 »
That's where the root of it comes from...the ancient Greek word that was used to denote the island of Britain.  As for the game...I played through, several times, the first three and thoroughly enjoyed them.  With that said, this is the game that should've been delivered from the beginning- all the things Molyneux promised from the beginning are finally going to be included.  I just don't know if I'm interested enough to have a go at it.  My bigscreen went out a few days ago...I haven't played a game since.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #2 on: 2014-02-12, 20:27:58 »
Well Im asking if Albion/the actual game is supposed to be England. I knew that Albion was England but had no idea it was a Greek name. Haha, when Lost chapters came out they said "better graphics" and thats just nonsense. You couldn't even notice the deference. I also hope that they use Jack of Blades original voice because the new one just didn't suit. I hope you get a new screne! Have you played lost chapters or the original?

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #3 on: 2014-02-12, 20:39:16 »
That's where the root of it comes from...the ancient Greek word that was used to denote the island of Britain.  As for the game...I played through, several times, the first three and thoroughly enjoyed them.  With that said, this is the game that should've been delivered from the beginning- all the things Molyneux promised from the beginning are finally going to be included.  I just don't know if I'm interested enough to have a go at it.  My bigscreen went out a few days ago...I haven't played a game since.

The games not going anywere.
A new tv from the store is.
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2014-02-12, 20:57:10 »
Well Im asking if Albion/the actual game is supposed to be England. I knew that Albion was England but had no idea it was a Greek name. Haha, when Lost chapters came out they said "better graphics" and thats just nonsense. You couldn't even notice the deference. I also hope that they use Jack of Blades original voice because the new one just didn't suit. I hope you get a new screne! Have you played lost chapters or the original?

I played the original, then LC when it came out, then 2 and 3 - loved them all, but I'm with you- I think the first one was the best, if only because it was brand new and while there were expectations, no one really knew what to expect.  It is like that for all first-timers...after that, it had better be innovative- or have a large customer base like Madden or CoD.  Madden especially suffers from stagnation...I can't recall the last time they had anything of note in a new release.

Anyway yea, a new screen is in the works...but it'll suck up most of my armor and sword fund so I've not been in a huge hurry to get it.
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 2014-02-12, 21:19:32 »
I had big fun with the first one.
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 2014-02-12, 21:33:19 »
I realize I didn't actually answer your question, Aiden.  In the first Fable, I believe Albion was meant to be a fictionalized representation of 12th or 13th century England; Fable 2, with the addition of flintlock (and the later clockwork) firearms places it at or around the 16th C; Fable 3 expounded on it a bit more.

So, yes, in a way- I think it was supposed to bring a distinctly English vibe, so naming the land Albion was appropriate.  Plus, it just sounds cool...like, "ok, I'm headed to Albion for the nonce- no calls."  ;)

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #7 on: 2014-02-12, 21:44:17 »
The third game definitly had good story, but felt like you couldn't do as much as you could in the firt one. The second one had a great story, but the way people judged you was a bit over the top at times. I hope they added babies.

I had big fun with the first one.

Good! You should get this game haha. Have any of you seen the videos yet?

Teaser:

Official:

Sir Douglas

• Artificer of Stuff and Things
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • In principio creavit Deus caelum et terram.
« Reply #8 on: 2014-02-12, 21:46:58 »
Heh, I called my English-themed neighborhood in my heavily-modded-to-be-medieval version of The Sims "Albion" for similar reasons. This was before I had heard of Albion swords, and I have never played Fable, so up until now, I didn't know the world was called Albion. I guess I wasn't as clever as I thought I was. ;)

I also just publicly admitted that I play The Sims. :-[
Per pale azure and argent, an eagle displayed per pale argent and sable, armed and langued or.

So a Norman, a Saxon, and a Viking walk into England....

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #9 on: 2014-02-12, 21:52:45 »
Heh, I called my English-themed neighborhood in my heavily-modded-to-be-medieval version of The Sims "Albion" for similar reasons. This was before I had heard of Albion swords, and I have never played Fable, so up until now, I didn't know the world was called Albion. I guess I wasn't as clever as I thought I was. ;)

I also just publicly admitted that I play The Sims. :-[

Lol, no shame man. Are you talking Sims medieval or regular sims.

Sir Douglas

• Artificer of Stuff and Things
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • In principio creavit Deus caelum et terram.
« Reply #10 on: 2014-02-12, 22:01:39 »
Regular Sims. More specifically, The Sims 2 as that's about all my old geezer computer can handle. ;)

I have two game folders setup: a normal, modern game that's heavily modded, and a medieval-themed game that's heavily, heavily modded. Like, four gigs worth of mods and hacks just for the medieval game. I...kind of like modding The Sims....a little bit....
Per pale azure and argent, an eagle displayed per pale argent and sable, armed and langued or.

So a Norman, a Saxon, and a Viking walk into England....

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #11 on: 2014-02-12, 22:07:37 »
I know some one who modded it to eat babies... Sims 2 is really fun. I wanted sims medieval which looked fun. I only played it cuz my sister had it. Still never told me the cheat code to get money...

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #12 on: 2014-02-12, 23:12:53 »
wasnt Albion supposed to be england area arthur etc?

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 2014-02-13, 15:39:55 »
Right-o, Sir Wolf.  Before Rome came and began its attempt at gentrification at the national level.

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #14 on: 2014-02-15, 03:30:35 »
Me and my brother bought fable anniversary today for 40 bucks.
For that money it's definitely worth it. Plus it includes lost chapters.
Ya it's good.
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"