Main > The Round Table

Norman Conquest - 1066

(1/3) > >>

LionPride32:
I've focused most of my research and medieval studies on the 12th century Henry II/Richard I era, but as of late I've gon a bit further back and have been studying the Norman Conquest by our friend, Good Ol William the Bastard, who would of course win the battle of Hastings in 1066 and change the future of England for centuries. I admire his guts, and his warrior skills.

Any thoughts?

Sir Wolf:
he came, he saw, he kicked harolds ass lolol

its a great time period to learn about. i have a ton of books on the subject when i used to reenact it

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2014-01-21, 02:59:21 ---he came, he saw, he kicked harolds ass lolol

its a great time period to learn about. i have a ton of books on the subject when i used to reenact it

--- End quote ---

I like Norman combat, and art. Probably just that whole era fascinates me. I should really learn more about it.( Netflix documentary's most likely)

Sir Patrick:
Check out "1066" by David Howarth. Great resource.

Sir Rodney:

--- Quote from: Sir Patrick on 2014-01-21, 03:48:43 ---Check out "1066" by David Howarth. Great resource.

--- End quote ---

A second for “1066” by David Howarth.

I would also recommend “The Year 1000” by Robert Lacey & Danny Danziger.  At 200 pages, it’s a light read over a few evenings and contains a nice bibliography as well as source notes.  Though set 66 years before the conquest, it gives you a very good idea of everyday life just prior to William’s ships appearing on the horizon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version