"War is at first like a beautiful girl with whom all men long to play, but in the end like a repulsive hag whose suitors all weep and ache."
                -- Samuel Hanagid (993-1056)

Author Topic: FS: Pair of MercTailor pauldrons (shoulder defenses)  (Read 6929 times)

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
I'm going against my nature and going to sell a bit of armor! Have for sale a set of MercTailor pauldrons by the infamous Allan. Note: These aren't my pictures but this is exactly what I have:

$150 for the locals, or $150+shipping; I think I can ship it for around $15, so call it $165 shipped

These are almost identical to what I'm wearing in my avatar pic; this set does not have the haut guards - the vertical plates that stick up from the large main plate. The normal battle-worthy armor you'd expect from MercTailor; 16 gauge mild steel. Exact same thing I do all my combat demos in.

And don't worry, the money is going right back armor! Just a different style and size..
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
Re: FS: Pair of MercTailor pauldrons (shoulder defenses)
« Reply #1 on: 2014-01-27, 01:12:42 »
Oh the temptation... Alas, my current funds are all committed to other worthy causes.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2014-01-27, 20:59:31 »
The only thing more worthy than armor is other armor... so, do tell! :)

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #3 on: 2014-01-29, 00:40:06 »
Sadly it's not commited to other armor, at this point. Car inspection and repairs for said, a doublet and a couple of muskets and some miscellaneous kit. I do have a freind looking for just this very thing, but I'm not sure they would fit him. What sort of size range would these work for, do you think?

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2014-01-29, 16:21:46 »
Sadly it's not commited to other armor, at this point. Car inspection and repairs for said, a doublet and a couple of muskets and some miscellaneous kit. I do have a freind looking for just this very thing, but I'm not sure they would fit him. What sort of size range would these work for, do you think?

That's a good question. Allan could answer it better than I can. I have about a 17" bicep with my arming coat, and it fits with a little bit of extra space. I'm 5'10" and about 210 pounds, they fit me at 225 pounds and I wager will still fit at 200. If he's interested, I can get some measurements, just let me know which measurements he wants.

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #5 on: 2014-01-30, 01:00:45 »
I'll PM you in email, he's very interested.

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
« Reply #6 on: 2014-01-30, 04:17:06 »
If you donate those to me I bet you will receive "The Gift Of Charity" which will improve your mercantile skill and get you better deals on armor!
-"I raise not the sword, but the shield."-Aiden Max

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 2014-02-15, 20:30:48 »
Sold!

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #9 on: 2014-03-03, 23:51:05 »
I saw these in person this past weekend, they are even more impressive in person than in pictures. I'm jealous that I passed on them for my buddy. He's very, very pleased with them and I'm not the only jealous person in our reenactment unit. If a couple other members can save up the cash, Allan may have people contacting him to make a pair for them.