"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
                -- Thomas Edison

Author Topic: Screw on pommel help.  (Read 29101 times)

Sir Douglas

• Artificer of Stuff and Things
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • In principio creavit Deus caelum et terram.
Re: Screw on pommel help.
« Reply #45 on: 2014-01-25, 21:03:19 »
It is a dangerous road...

Heh...you can say that again. I made one little kite shield back in late-2012, and now...well...let's just say the only parts of my current kit that I didn't make are my shoes, sword, and scabbard. :P

Lol.
Speaking I making things, I just bought fabric and only have enough for a civilian outfit with my heraldry or a surcoat. What should I make!( civilian outfit would be a long tunic)

Make a surcoat, then go out and buy more fabric to make a tunic. Or, alternatively, make a tunic then go buy more fabric for a surcoat. ;)
Per pale azure and argent, an eagle displayed per pale argent and sable, armed and langued or.

So a Norman, a Saxon, and a Viking walk into England....

Don Jorge

• Learning is living...
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • He who fears death is already dead...
« Reply #46 on: 2014-01-25, 21:06:37 »
I would make an gambeson first...it is what I did with my 8 yards of linen...gambeson/arming doublet/pourpoint (whatever you want to call it)...then arming cap...then jupon to go over my snazzy armor lol...I will probably have to make some chausses/braes combo soon and a linen undershirt...but I want bleached linen for that!

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #47 on: 2014-01-25, 21:09:00 »
It is a dangerous road...

Heh...you can say that again. I made one little kite shield back in late-2012, and now...well...let's just say the only parts of my current kit that I didn't make are my shoes, sword, and scabbard. :P

Lol.
Speaking I making things, I just bought fabric and only have enough for a civilian outfit with my heraldry or a surcoat. What should I make!( civilian outfit would be a long tunic)

Make a surcoat, then go out and buy more fabric to make a tunic. Or, alternatively, make a tunic then go buy more fabric for a surcoat. ;)

Well I already have 2 templar surcoats, and don't really have much civilian garb other than my gambeson with a belt around it and some tights of the modern day. Lol. But I did buy it with the intent of surcoat.
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #48 on: 2014-01-25, 21:09:50 »
I would make an gambeson first...it is what I did with my 8 yards of linen...gambeson/arming doublet/pourpoint (whatever you want to call it)...then arming cap...then jupon to go over my snazzy armor lol...I will probably have to make some chausses/braes combo soon and a linen undershirt...but I want bleached linen for that!
Well I've already bought a gambeson and arming cap.
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order

Sir Douglas

• Artificer of Stuff and Things
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • In principio creavit Deus caelum et terram.
« Reply #49 on: 2014-01-25, 21:15:23 »
What kind/color of fabric is it?
Per pale azure and argent, an eagle displayed per pale argent and sable, armed and langued or.

So a Norman, a Saxon, and a Viking walk into England....

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #50 on: 2014-01-26, 02:27:54 »
for surcoat it would be red with purple border at the bottom that raps around, and 3 gold fleurdiles with a gold chevron above them.
basically something similar with the tunic.
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order