"No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave."
                -- Calvin Coolidge

Author Topic: Wedding Pictures  (Read 13094 times)

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Wedding Pictures
« Reply #30 on: 2013-12-31, 19:56:21 »
I always thought a high-quality replica of one of the movie-versions of LotR's elvish rings would make a cool engagement ring. I don't know if it would really be appropriate since I'm not really familiar with modern marriage traditions, but hey...I'm allowed my geeky fantasies, right? ;)

The key is finding a girl who also doesn't care about modern marriage traditions and shares your quirkiness! :)  Then you can use any LOTR ring you want and she'll love it!
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #31 on: 2013-12-31, 21:05:04 »
We didn't wear anything fantasy or medieval at our wedding, but to give you some perspective on who I'm married to, the middle tier of our wedding cake had the One Ring inscription go around the whole thing, and our daughter's name is Eowyn.

And 2, 2 rings to Ian and his wife... Who above all else desired Cake.
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #32 on: 2013-12-31, 22:58:36 »
I always thought a high-quality replica of one of the movie-versions of LotR's elvish rings would make a cool engagement ring. I don't know if it would really be appropriate since I'm not really familiar with modern marriage traditions, but hey...I'm allowed my geeky fantasies, right? ;)

Depending on the girl, you never know. I've heard of couples using the LOTR "one ring" as their wedding bands. ;)
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir Douglas

• Artificer of Stuff and Things
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • In principio creavit Deus caelum et terram.
« Reply #33 on: 2014-01-01, 00:54:02 »

The key is finding a girl who also doesn't care about modern marriage traditions and shares your quirkiness! :)  Then you can use any LOTR ring you want and she'll love it!

This is true.
Though easier said than done. ;)
Per pale azure and argent, an eagle displayed per pale argent and sable, armed and langued or.

So a Norman, a Saxon, and a Viking walk into England....

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
« Reply #34 on: 2014-01-01, 16:26:08 »

This is true.

It would seem that the search for, not the grail, but instead the maiden! The damsel! Call it another crusade if you must!
-"I raise not the sword, but the shield."-Aiden Max

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #35 on: 2014-01-01, 16:58:26 »

This is true.

Boy, don't I know it. ;)  It took me a while, but it all worked out.

You have one huge advantage in your favor of course. Armor! It's a chick magnet. It's just a matter of taking it to the renfaire often enough. :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #36 on: 2014-01-01, 18:04:02 »

This is true.

Boy, don't I know it. ;)  It took me a while, but it all worked out.

You have one huge advantage in your favor of course. Armor! It's a chick magnet. It's just a matter of taking it to the renfaire often enough. :)

Too avoid all this, Im gonna take up that templar oath. An Excuse to not be in a relationship Huzzah!
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"