Main > The Round Table

Knighly Orders during the Crusades

<< < (5/10) > >>

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2013-12-05, 18:55:48 ---Hypothetical will just have to wait for empirical evidence to catch up I guess.

--- End quote ---

When I join the Masons, I will find the answer, but I would not be able to tell you.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2013-12-05, 18:55:48 ---Hypothetical will just have to wait for empirical evidence to catch up I guess.

--- End quote ---

I'm actually looking forward to that. I think there is more to it than we see, in large part due to secret societies being good at keeping secrets. :) I've seen a number of things about it (Holy Grail in America, etc) and also have a book on the "Hooked X" (still to read) and how it relates to the Kensington rune stone and such. Fascinating subject, I just hope they figure it out while I'm alive to hear about it.

LionPride32:
Hey Gents,

There is a little something I noticed in "Kingdom of Heaven" that youu may be able to help me with. The tunic that Liam Neeson and later Orlando Bloom wears - it has the iron crosses on it, with mixed/matched red and white colors. I initially thought it was a Templar tunic, but then it shows many other Templars with straight white tunics with one big red cross. Guy and Raynauld are examples. What exactly was the red/white tunic Liam wears supposed to be??

Sir Douglas:

--- Quote from: LionPride32 on 2013-12-10, 07:18:21 ---Hey Gents,

There is a little something I noticed in "Kingdom of Heaven" that youu may be able to help me with. The tunic that Liam Neeson and later Orlando Bloom wears - it has the iron crosses on it, with mixed/matched red and white colors. I initially thought it was a Templar tunic, but then it shows many other Templars with straight white tunics with one big red cross. Guy and Raynauld are examples. What exactly was the red/white tunic Liam wears supposed to be??

--- End quote ---

I do believe that's meant to represent Ibelin's personal arms. It's actually red and yellow, based on the real-life Ibelin arms, though the yellow on the surcoat is rather pale and faded and looks like an off-white.

Sir James A:
Agreed with Douglas. The Ibelin surcoat from the movie is maroon/yellow and uses the same style cross:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version