"The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and to watch someone else do it wrong without comment."
                -- Theodore H. White

Author Topic: What is my helm?  (Read 10075 times)

Sir Patrick

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Nex pro inhonesto, Deus pro totus.
    • The Order of the Marshal
Re: What is my helm?
« Reply #15 on: 2013-11-22, 02:55:02 »
Shoot him an email. He's pretty cool
Gules, a chevron argent between three cinquefoils ermine.
"Better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand as a lamb."
Knight, Order of the Marshal

Sir Douglas

• Artificer of Stuff and Things
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • In principio creavit Deus caelum et terram.
« Reply #16 on: 2013-11-22, 06:09:47 »

Contact Hal over at Therion Arms. He might just know all about your helm.

http://therionarms.com/

Ehh, I have a bit of a nervousness when calling people I don't know. Maybe when I turn older and grow out of it. I'll come back ti this and post my results. Call me a pitiful knight, but at least I be an honest one, in the name of Chivalry.

Don't feel bad; I'm the exact same way and I'm an "adult". Well, for all intents and purposes, anyway. ;)
Per pale azure and argent, an eagle displayed per pale argent and sable, armed and langued or.

So a Norman, a Saxon, and a Viking walk into England....

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #17 on: 2013-11-22, 14:31:42 »
Ehh, I have a bit of a nervousness when calling people I don't know. Maybe when I turn older and grow out of it. I'll come back ti this and post my results. Call me a pitiful knight, but at least I be an honest one, in the name of Chivalry.

Don't feel bad; I'm the exact same way and I'm an "adult". Well, for all intents and purposes, anyway. ;)

Heh, I could be mean and say "grow a pair", but I'm going to do the exact opposite. :) I completely, 100% understand. If you're at all an introvert, it's like there's a wall blocking you from contacting a total stranger.

I often find email and facebook to be significantly easier than calling. :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 2013-11-22, 15:28:32 »
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #19 on: 2013-11-22, 18:14:39 »
Quote from: Therion Arms
a helmet-like-object made in a third world country by someone who had only ever seen other bad copies of bad copies of an only-ever-seen-an-illustration-in-a-children's-book styled helmet.
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
« Reply #20 on: 2013-11-22, 20:03:47 »
Quote from: Therion Arms
a helmet-like-object made in a third world country by someone who had only ever seen other bad copies of bad copies of an only-ever-seen-an-illustration-in-a-children's-book styled helmet.

😢... Makes a nice decorative piece...
-"I raise not the sword, but the shield."-Aiden Max

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #21 on: 2013-11-22, 20:07:42 »
no. i am betting it is 18 gauge. 16 at the most.
you bought the helmet from an importer. they are made in India or Pakistan.  They are loosely based on some period helm.
its a cool helm and if you like it , it works for you man. but as far as historical it's not. well not really.. know what i mean? :) i mean i like it and if you like it then wear it hehehe.

Haha well i did spend money on it, and it is unique, I'll probably make it my "tournament" helm or something. I'm going to put a green plume in it anyway from by-the-sword.com because that is the only place I can seem to find a plume.

Museum Replicas has them, it's where I got my black/white/red plumes from. They're like $7 each, and ostrich feathers. Holding up pretty well, it's lasted for a full season, no sign that it's going to "fail" soon, nothing fell off of it - but I don't fight with it in.

Contact Hal over at Therion Arms. He might just know all about your helm.

http://therionarms.com/

Yeah, Hal's a cool guy, don't be intimidated. I'm not much of a phone person either. I have random hearing issues from too much loud music and too much hammering on steel without ear protection when I was younger. I'm sure he wouldn't mind an email. He's on my Book of Faces friends and he buys/sells stuff as a business - he'd probably have a good idea.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent