"He that respects himself is safe from others; he wears a coat of mail that none can pierce."
                -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Author Topic: Hello Gentlemen  (Read 22151 times)

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
Re: Hello Gentlemen
« Reply #30 on: 2013-11-20, 04:04:14 »
Welcome! And thank you for your service! For knowing where to post is quite simple. Just post it where you think it belongs. If it is wrong, i am sure Sir Edward would be more than happy to place it in the right spot. If you need to know anything, or need advice the Knights on this site will be more than happy to answer! By the way I also favor the green :) If I am correct you choose the time of The Orders patron, Sir William Marshal. Idk how much you know about him but he is a man to look into.
-"I raise not the sword, but the shield."-Aiden Max

LionPride32

• New Forum Member
« Reply #31 on: 2013-11-27, 15:49:47 »
Yes, it is indeed the time frame I place myself in. Though the main reason is because it was the time of my main Medieval insperation and hero, Richard the Lionheart. I could write a book on everything I know about HIM, but actually, since William Marshall was one of his right hand men, and a huge part of the High Middle Ages and Knighthood itself, I do know quite a bit about Marshall. He served under Richard's father Henry II, and kept with the Plantgenet family right gthrough thereighns of Richard, John and Henry III, if I'm not mistaken.
So, yeah, I'm glad I found this particular Order, as Marshall's time frame is right smack dab in the center of the era which is my passion.

Sir Martyn

• Knight Itinerant
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • Courage Honor Faith Humility Justice Prowess Mercy
« Reply #32 on: 2013-12-01, 23:48:21 »
Welcome Tommy - I think you'll find the company here to your liking.  I had to smile when I read your exchange on the colors - green is a favored part of my livery as well. :)
Among the greatest evils we face are those which lie within.

Lord Chagatai

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
« Reply #33 on: 2013-12-05, 20:35:27 »
Welcome and hope this finds you well. If you have any questions let us know..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Timothy

• "The whole of heraldry and of chivalry is in courtesy" Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • Amateur Herald of Arms
« Reply #34 on: 2014-01-04, 03:13:37 »
Welcome Tommy,

Thank you for your service.

Hope you enjoy your stay and have a great new year.
[br Barry Or and Vert surmounting a Bend counterchanged],
a Lion rampant armed and langued Gules
 an Orle of eight Trefoils slipped Sable counterchanged Or .

LionPride32

• New Forum Member
« Reply #35 on: 2014-02-06, 22:20:36 »
Good afternoon Gents,

Feeling a little.....confused. One of your number (don't know if he's a offcialy in the Order) suggested I wait until I have a hauberk to evenput my application in. I do not have and can't afford one at this time, but will shortly. I've been posting here for months now, I have my pics of my kit on Facebook (Tom Shorette) - I can't figure out to post them here. My kit is thus: a chainmail coif, Lionheart tunic, cheap gloves (to be soon upgraded), a William Marshall battle ready sword, a King Richard Robin Hood film sword, and a Gen2 Crusader dagger. I feel its time for my application...Obviously my kit will be completed and accurate upon rising through the ranks of the Order. So, should I go ahead and apply?

Thank you, good sirs!
Long live the King!

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #36 on: 2014-02-06, 22:46:29 »
I will not hide it was Me that recommended a hauberk. But if you feel you are ready than do as you please. I simply wished to aid you in your quest, I ment no misguidance. I am sorry.
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #37 on: 2014-02-06, 23:10:48 »
Armor isn't needed to apply. It becomes a requirement for the later ranks, which essentially is a partial kit at Squire, and a complete kit for Knight.

Technically you can apply at any time. It helps tremendously to participate on the forum for a while first, since the number one reason for denying membership is just a lack of knowing anything about the applicant.

The application is here:  http://orderofthemarshal.org/members/membership/application/

Posting pictures on the forum is pretty easy. For facebook images, you can set them to "Public", and when viewing one, just grab the web address (URL) from the browser's address bar, and paste that into your message. Highlight the link in your message while you're still editing, and hit the "image" button (it's the button above the left-most smiley in the message editor), and it will be wrapped in "IMG" tags to share it inline in the message.

Another easy way to do it is to upload your images to a photo-sharing site like Flickr, Photobucket, Imgur, etc. Nearly all of those give you easy-to-copy "BBcode" to paste in forums to share the images.

« Last Edit: 2014-02-06, 23:12:16 by Sir Edward »
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #38 on: 2014-02-06, 23:17:09 »
After hearing this info, I apologize again for misguiding you Tom.
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #39 on: 2014-02-07, 04:08:18 »
We have the requirements spelled out here:

http://orderofthemarshal.org/bylaws/membership/index/

Sir Edward covered the kit requirements; none at Page level. Check over them, let us know if you have any questions, and fill in that application.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Don Jorge

• Learning is living...
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • He who fears death is already dead...
« Reply #40 on: 2014-02-07, 17:30:29 »
No Kit requirements even at the Yeoman. Which I am thankful for...my soft kits is 12/13th century and very shoddy. And my Hard Kit is still being build slowly...and literally by hand...but I urge you to stick around and talk to us on the forums and see if this is a community you want to invest in long term.

I can't recommend it enough, the encouragement and knowledge gleaned here in the past few months have been amazing!

LionPride32

• New Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: 2014-03-03, 16:10:13 »
Hello Gents!

I think I've posted enough to at least put in my app. The thing about pictures is, right now I'm kind of...poor. We don't have a PC. I use my phone to write everything on here, and I have no idea HOW to copy and paste. Pictures of me and all my swords, my tunic, my whole get-ujp is on my Facebook page, but my pics are PRIVATE and I will not change them. I am a member of a certain group on fb, there is another group that are complete and utter sociopaths, they steal your facebook pics and pist them on their page, just to talk sh**. Their psychos. So unless I go to the library, you'll have to friend request me on facebook. Tom Shorette is my name, just send me a request! Thanks all!

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #42 on: 2014-03-03, 19:46:05 »
Hello Gents!

I think I've posted enough to at least put in my app. The thing about pictures is, right now I'm kind of...poor. We don't have a PC. I use my phone to write everything on here, and I have no idea HOW to copy and paste. Pictures of me and all my swords, my tunic, my whole get-ujp is on my Facebook page, but my pics are PRIVATE and I will not change them. I am a member of a certain group on fb, there is another group that are complete and utter sociopaths, they steal your facebook pics and pist them on their page, just to talk sh**. Their psychos. So unless I go to the library, you'll have to friend request me on facebook. Tom Shorette is my name, just send me a request! Thanks all!

Go for it! And i too only use my phone, only because I never use my laptop. You can add photos from your phone by going under attachments and select a file (which just referes to photos).

LionPride32

• New Forum Member
« Reply #43 on: 2014-03-30, 05:18:53 »
Hey all!

Its been a while since I've posted. Been on the road doing some jobs for a contractor that needed some extra help. Just wanted all to know I'm still here, hoping to to join the Order!! I've sent my app in, so I'm happy aboujt that.

Talk to u all soon!

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #44 on: 2014-03-31, 00:57:08 »
Hey all!

Its been a while since I've posted. Been on the road doing some jobs for a contractor that needed some extra help. Just wanted all to know I'm still here, hoping to to join the Order!! I've sent my app in, so I'm happy aboujt that.

Talk to u all soon!

Hope you get it!