"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them."
                -- Bruce Lee

Author Topic: Knights?!?! Picking flowers?!?!  (Read 3344 times)

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
Knights?!?! Picking flowers?!?!
« on: 2013-10-24, 02:44:47 »
Ya know, every year I watch "Camelot" and I have come to a point where one week each year I would like to start a "medieval festival week." This would include a feast, a dual, and sporting events such as archer. And I believe that this event should be a gathering of us that would wish to participate and take a week out of their lives to take a trip to the past. Maybe it could even accure during a week that the maryland Ren fair is happening. I do believe that it should be among us. And another way at looking at it, is that it would bring a stronger bond with the forum and Order knights. Not saying I'd host it but it would be a great tradition for once a year. I do own books on how to make authentic medieval parties. Just an idea, unless everyone thinks it to be strange and out of the ordinary. P.S. I think it would be a week long of sleeping in sheepskin medieval tents.
-"I raise not the sword, but the shield."-Aiden Max

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: Knights?!?! Picking flowers?!?!
« Reply #1 on: 2013-10-24, 14:27:44 »

In a way these events already exist. For example, Pennsic is an annual medieval event that is absolutely huge, in the Pittsburgh area.

Also, now we have Days of Knights in Kentucky, as a sort of "living history" style of event. The focus between the two is quite different, but gradually we're getting mroe and more choices of events to attend.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
Re: Knights?!?! Picking flowers?!?!
« Reply #2 on: 2013-10-24, 20:17:48 »
I think the order should start one. To bring it closer together, along with forum members such as I. I mean how could you call a man you never "a friend" and I met only 3 of you guys so far. Plus i think it would be fun.
-"I raise not the sword, but the shield."-Aiden Max