"He is victorious who knows when and when not to fight."
                -- Sun Tzu

Author Topic: Parsifal  (Read 4448 times)

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
Parsifal
« on: 2013-10-15, 02:47:58 »
While I was in Washington D.C. The other day, I went and saw the Act III of Parsifal. It was about 2-4 hours I'm not sure. But luckily I had a book that said the German and English. The whole opera was in german. I could only understand a fraction of it because I am learning German. I don't know if any one knows, but I believe it is about the holy grail as was mentioned often. It was interesting. Has anyone else seen it or read about it? I would like to learn more about it. A bit of Knowledge doesn't hurt any one. Sometimes.
-"I raise not the sword, but the shield."-Aiden Max

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Parsifal
« Reply #1 on: 2013-10-15, 16:56:41 »
Parsifal = Percival, who was one of King Arthur's Knights of the Round Table. I'm not familiar with the play/book, but I'd hazard a guess that you heard correctly. :)
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #2 on: 2013-10-15, 21:02:51 »
i have the Percival dvd. its in french i think so you gotta read the subtitles.

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #3 on: 2013-10-16, 18:22:01 »
Well this was a full blown Orchestra with men singing each part in german. Does any one know what the "Holy Spear" that Parsiful is wielding? Its seems really important because at the end when Amdotas is injured. It has healing properties.

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2013-10-16, 19:22:45 »
Well this was a full blown Orchestra with men singing each part in german. Does any one know what the "Holy Spear" that Parsiful is wielding? Its seems really important because at the end when Amdotas is injured. It has healing properties.

It is a reference to the Spear of Destiny.  The spear believed to have pierced the side of Christ on the cross.
« Last Edit: 2013-10-16, 19:25:53 by Ian »
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #5 on: 2013-10-16, 20:36:23 »
I see, that would make sense because I believe they do mention holy blood on the spear and it is also referred to as "the spear of the grail". And another thing, whats the whole thing about Parsiful slaying the swan that Gurnemanz and Kundry mention? Also explain the holy spring? I'd look it up on the internet but I find socializing with you guys is more entertaining and gives you guys something knew to talk about.😁