"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them."
                -- Bruce Lee

Author Topic: Mike Loads Meme  (Read 9188 times)

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
Re: Mike Loads Meme
« Reply #15 on: 2013-12-01, 21:41:29 »
"They even had a democracy!"

Watch HBO's Rome with the All Roads Lead To Rome option turned on. It'll change your mind on a lot of that.

Besides, they didn't have Democracy but a Republic, then a Tyrant, then an Emperor.

Let me correct that Rome thing, I forgot that a Legion cares more about its leader than Rome. Thus why Legions fought one another. They didn't really want an emperor I mean thats one of the reasons they kill Caesar methinks. Well, thats why some of the senate did at least. But the people of that time were easily swayed by the "strongest" leader. If you have ever read Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar" he does a great job at showing how people are easily swayed and how highly Caesar thought himself. Haha could you imagine Mike Loades as a Centurion. He'd take Rome by himself 😆
« Last Edit: 2013-12-01, 22:12:36 by Sir Aiden »
-"I raise not the sword, but the shield."-Aiden Max

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #16 on: 2013-12-01, 22:37:41 »

Watch HBO's Rome with the All Roads Lead To Rome option turned on. It'll change your mind on a lot of that.

Besides, they didn't have Democracy but a Republic, then a Tyrant, then an Emperor.

Let me correct that Rome thing, I forgot that a Legion cares more about its leader than Rome. Thus why Legions fought one another. They didn't really want an emperor I mean thats one of the reasons they kill Caesar methinks. Well, thats why some of the senate did at least. But the people of that time were easily swayed by the "strongest" leader. If you have ever read Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar" he does a great job at showing how people are easily swayed and how highly Caesar thought himself. Haha could you imagine Mike Loades as a Centurion. He'd take Rome by himself 😆

Agustus made every legionnaire pay allegance to him personally
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
« Reply #17 on: 2013-12-01, 23:43:00 »

Agustus made every legionnaire pay allegance to him personally

Well, in the end it all depends on what time period.
-"I raise not the sword, but the shield."-Aiden Max