"Honor is like an island, rugged and without a beach; once we have left it, we can never return."
                -- Nicholas Boileau

Author Topic: Last Resort  (Read 7561 times)

Allan Senefelder

• Forum Follower
Last Resort
« on: 2013-09-11, 20:55:02 »
I hadn't wanted to this but things have flattened out drastically over the last 3 weeks so I've set up a site for the various things I've been offering up for sale to keep things afloat and get the last few owed customers cleared out ( James included ). Selling stuff on a few forums just isn't getting it done. If its of any interest its at http://merctailor.webs.com/ . Items available are listed at a bit more than I had been selling them ( but still below the 5 year old prices I had when I closed )but with the little things like hand made buckles and stuff, making $60 on a pair of spaulders that took 9-10 hours isn't getting me where I need to be on owed stuff. Ed if this is in the wrong place feel free to move it.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Last Resort
« Reply #1 on: 2013-09-11, 23:29:19 »
Allan, no problem, I've been saying for a long time that if you have spots to fill, take orders to do it. As you know, my finances have been pinched this year, so I've had to scale back my armor purchases too, unless I sell some other stuff (not armor!).

I posted a link on FB, maybe something will come from it. Also, I think I have almost all the pics of the armor off your old site, if you need them. Feel free to use any pictures of me in your armor too, or to use ones I took of it. And if there's anything you've made I have that you want more pics of, let me know, I'll take them for you.

If there's anybody that wants information on Allan's work, let me know. About 3/4 of my harness that I usually wear is all by him (the ~1525 one, my avatar on here). I have some other pieces he's made, too. I wear the armor, and I've fought in it too, so I can give some hands-on review of it; short version is [/b]I'm not afraid of the armor failing when I'm fighting in it, and it's worth much more than I paid for it[/b].
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Allan Senefelder

• Forum Follower
« Reply #2 on: 2013-09-11, 23:51:31 »
James, thanks much. To be clear the stuff in the " Avaliable Pieces " gallery are what's for sale. Items that are already done and ready to go ( unless some sizing is needed ). I will entertain building stuff from the other galleries if it save me the trouble of coming up with something to build to sell but that's as close as i'll get to taking orders and no money exchanges hands until the item is done.

I just realized as I watched things flatten out and the steel i'd been stocking up in August to spend at least a week and a half in September on owed stuff slip away as no money came in that I needed a bigger audience than myarmoury.com and The Armour Archive if I was at least going to get the last 5 owed work folks taken care of which is my principle focus. I didn't really want to go this route, i'd hoped that the forums could keep me going to the last owed stuff was done, but it seems to have run its course and I need a second option.

I just started adding a client gallery James and could do with a pic of you for it.

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #3 on: 2013-09-12, 01:00:15 »
Yes, feel free to post pictures of me in the armor too. Whatever helps. I've pretty much blown my equipment budget this year (taking into account some planning purchases at WMAW next week), unfortunately.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Allan Senefelder

• Forum Follower
« Reply #4 on: 2013-09-12, 01:17:01 »
Ed, can you shoot me pics you've got of you in the various gear, the kit I reworked included if you have them? We ( the Mrs. and I ) had been misering pennies for over a year to get a laptop to replace the ten year old Dell desk top ( it was top of the line at the time ) that was getting slower than molasses  amougst other things. The Mrs. air compressor for her Passche sprayer for he business diedtwo weeks ago and ate that money being replaced. My stepmother (
wife of my dad who died in December ) picked up the tab for my wife for her birthday over Laborday and long story short, some pics went missing in the transfer if data so i'm missing a few " Client " pics for the gallery that I used to have stored.

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #5 on: 2013-09-12, 12:55:19 »

Most of these are clicky for a larger view:

After reshaping:

Arms and legs:

Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 2013-09-12, 14:32:14 »
Hey Al, I saw this on AA and completely understand...in a way you're re-opening and I'm sure I'm not alone in being glad to see it.  If you need them, I'll see if I can scare up some pics of me in your armor; I still need to take pics with the new stuff I got from you recently as well.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Allan Senefelder

• Forum Follower
« Reply #7 on: 2013-09-12, 14:53:18 »
I'll see if I can scare up some pics of me in your armor;

Surely.

Hey Al, I saw this on AA and completely understand...in a way you're re-opening and I'm sure I'm not alone in being glad to see it.

With still owing five folks ( James, Jean, Brett, Mike and CJ ) the remainder of their stuff I don't like the idea of appearing to be back in business. They're always in my mind. I'm not really " back in business " the forums have just died over the last three weeks and I can't afford that. I took a weeks work last month on a roofing crew just to deal with the increasing frequency of people bailing out on things they said they wanted after they were done since early spring. I had stocked up on extra steel and rivets to knock off the last of Mikes stuff and get some time on Bretts and Jims only to have to use it to build stuff that hasn't moved anyway. Hopefully this will fill the hole and allow me to get the last five taken care of ( I discovered that being self employed is not really all that attractive to potential employers over the last two years ).

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 2013-09-12, 16:22:11 »
I will entertain building stuff from the other galleries if it save me the trouble of coming up with something to build to sell but that's as close as i'll get to taking orders and no money exchanges hands until the item is done.

That's what I thought, when I saw the "What I Can Make" labels. I'm glad to hear that! Owing me stuff or not, I'm glad you're still making armor - I know you're a man of your word and you'll make good on my order. No big deal.

Here's some pictures of me, and links to some pics I took of armor you made me, but not me wearing it. Could be useful for individual pieces, I guess? Feel free to use any or all of them.

http://www.james-anderson-iii.com/thearmory/details/index/?armoryID=184

http://www.james-anderson-iii.com/thearmory/details/index/?armoryID=155

http://www.james-anderson-iii.com/thearmory/details/index/?armoryID=154

http://www.james-anderson-iii.com/thearmory/details/index/?armoryID=156
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 2013-09-12, 17:40:47 »
Allan, I took a lot of those photos that James posted, feel free to use any of them for your site, and I will see if I can dig up some more of people or myself in your armor.
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #10 on: 2013-09-12, 23:44:58 »

Heres a pic of me wearing the greaves you made for me so you can add this as well.

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #11 on: 2013-09-13, 01:03:16 »
you guys are all so epic in your gear together, the more knights the better.
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

Sir Patrick

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Nex pro inhonesto, Deus pro totus.
    • The Order of the Marshal
« Reply #12 on: 2013-09-13, 04:13:15 »
Here's mine.  Sorry for the poor quality of the pic.  Don't have any shots of the spaulders I just got from you yet, but I'll post some this weekend.  You did everything but the helmet and ailettes.  Feel free to use however you want.
Gules, a chevron argent between three cinquefoils ermine.
"Better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand as a lamb."

Allan Senefelder

• Forum Follower
« Reply #13 on: 2013-09-13, 12:03:00 »
Thanks fellas. I'll spend some time moving these over to " the site " over the weekend.

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
« Reply #14 on: 2013-09-13, 16:36:13 »
Like the kit, Sir Patrick. :)
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)