Main > The Round Table

First time for maryland renfaire

(1/3) > >>

Sir Nate:
I had some expectations for the Maryland renfaire and from what I heard it was better than P.A.
I hadn't thought I would have been blown away by it.
it was great, me and my brother both went in our armor and we both got a lot of pictures.
the environment was great, the entertainment, REAL JOUSTING, I saw a great comedian, and even helped a few bagpipers do a monty python helmet drum joke in one of there songs.
Ill post the video soon. and some of the pics.
I met the some of the knights in the plastic armor, I also met one of the knights who is older and has the plate, he is in the joust, forget his name.
It was fantastic I can wait to go again, maybe even this year.
The only downside was that there were no knights there that I could see or was aware of. Although it was almost 90degrees today, it was still great.
The monty python seemed to really get peoples attention.
something really awful happened though, I saw a person who I thought I knew named nick, I asked the person, not only was it not him... but it was a her. I felt a bit shameful but I felt better after the jousting and the bagpipes.

Sir Edward:

Hey, sorry we missed you. :) I ended up staying home yesterday due to a sick cat, and I know Sir Brian usually is working on Saturdays.

It sounds like you met Sir Barchan (the jouster who usually comes out and talks to people). The plastic armor guys are frequently there, one of them really cracks me up with all the arrows sticking out of his chest. :)

Sir Nate:
 ya sir barchan is the one i met, he was very interesting to talk to, he said he was on crew for the show full metal jousting.
and I met the plastic guy with the arrows in his chest, he was really funny because when i met him i think he was drunk.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Nate on 2013-09-02, 13:53:54 --- ya sir barchan is the one i met, he was very interesting to talk to, he said he was on crew for the show full metal jousting.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, he missed the cutoff to be one of the trainers, but he worked on the ground-crew, and was on screen a few times.

--- Quote from: Sir Nate on 2013-09-02, 13:53:54 ---and I met the plastic guy with the arrows in his chest, he was really funny because when i met him i think he was drunk.

--- End quote ---

Yep, that sounds about right. :)

Sir Nate:
Here are some photos

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version