Main > The Round Table

[article] Man walks 60 miles in suit of armour to royal wedding

<< < (2/4) > >>

Sir James A:
As somebody with a suit of armor a bit over 70 pounds .. and somebody who can't walk 60 miles *without* armor (heck I can't even walk 6 miles!)... that man's accomplishment is phenomenal to me. Walking in armor 10 miles for 6 days in a row is pretty wild. I do wonder if he's wearing full hauberk and/or butted or something; just from visual, I'm curious how his armor is 70 pounds.

I had the same thing with that "other" folder on FB.. found a message that was many months old when I discovered it months ago. FB wants to charge you $1 to send a message to someone's regular inbox if you aren't on their friends list. I'm not sure if that's money-grabbing marketing, or a way to cut down on non-friends spam.

Ian:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2013-08-23, 14:20:55 ---As somebody with a suit of armor a bit over 70 pounds .. and somebody who can't walk 60 miles *without* armor (heck I can't even walk 6 miles!)... that man's accomplishment is phenomenal to me. Walking in armor 10 miles for 6 days in a row is pretty wild.
--- End quote ---

Don't join the Army or Marine Corps then! ;-)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2013-08-23, 16:22:59 ---
--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2013-08-23, 14:20:55 ---As somebody with a suit of armor a bit over 70 pounds .. and somebody who can't walk 60 miles *without* armor (heck I can't even walk 6 miles!)... that man's accomplishment is phenomenal to me. Walking in armor 10 miles for 6 days in a row is pretty wild.
--- End quote ---

Don't join the Army or Marine Corps then! ;-)

--- End quote ---

They'd never take me. :D

Sir Wolf:
alive......

Sir William:
Right.  lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version