Main > The Round Table

[video] Inspiration: Down-Syndrome MMA Fighter refuses to Lose to his condition!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2013-07-18, 17:20:47 ---I don't know what the right answer is.  Part of me is very inspired that he found purpose and a way to truly find purpose in his life, but part of me also sees the difficulty and the problems anyone who fights him faces as well.

--- End quote ---

That's a really good point. I'm glad they touched on it a little in the video. It's a difficult balance to strike, since it's something that he's passionate about. The transition into teaching is probably a good direction to go with it.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2013-07-18, 18:02:04 ---
--- Quote from: Ian on 2013-07-18, 17:20:47 ---I don't know what the right answer is.  Part of me is very inspired that he found purpose and a way to truly find purpose in his life, but part of me also sees the difficulty and the problems anyone who fights him faces as well.

--- End quote ---

That's a really good point. I'm glad they touched on it a little in the video. It's a difficult balance to strike, since it's something that he's passionate about. The transition into teaching is probably a good direction to go with it.

--- End quote ---

Agreed, and I've heard the same with "guy vs girl" fights - you beat up a girl, that just makes you a guy that beat up a girl. You lose, you're the guy that lost to a girl.

The thing that hit me hard was when they said his dad bought him a gym of his own, and that he's teaching there. A close second was how he refuses to accept his limitations; that might be stubborn, or avoidance of fact, or whatever else - but I think it's great. He isn't accepting a limit given to him, he's finding out what it is on his own.

Ian:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2013-07-18, 21:11:07 ---The thing that hit me hard was when they said his dad bought him a gym of his own, and that he's teaching there. A close second was how he refuses to accept his limitations; that might be stubborn, or avoidance of fact, or whatever else - but I think it's great. He isn't accepting a limit given to him, he's finding out what it is on his own.

--- End quote ---

If only other people weren't so scared to follow their dreams like him!

Thorsteinn:
Sir Kief, KSCA, Knighted well after losing his leg. Fights single sword. Got there on his own merits. A legend in his area (check the Armour Archive for stories like this: http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=162807&hilit=sir+kief ).

Plus I know a few aspies who fight to a high level.

Sir William:
Sir Kief is definitely an inspiration...I've also heard that to go for his good leg will only result in something bad happening to you immediately thereafter.  lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version