"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society."
                -- Theodore Roosevelt

Author Topic: Making a brigandine  (Read 2768 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Making a brigandine
« Reply #1 on: 2013-07-16, 15:36:59 »
Hey, cool post Sir Wolf- of all of the patterns out there, is this the best one?
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
    • my pinterest - full of research
« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-20, 23:14:37 »
Hey, cool post Sir Wolf- of all of the patterns out there, is this the best one?

It would really depend on your time period Sir William.  That blog actually covers three different brigs.  Generally brigandines are also more of a late 14th - 16th century type of deal.  If you fit in that time frame, go for it!  My friend has a gorgeous jack of plates (similar in construction to a brig) that just fits oh so nice :D
"Be open with your thoughts, Be witty with your humor, Be kind with your words, Be sensible in your acts." - Lord Dane
Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
~Officium-Honestas-Sacrificium~
my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/murphy.patrick.j

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2013-07-24, 21:14:01 »
I can fit in just about any time frame given enough time and money (and materials)!  ;)

I have a Visby style coat of plates that I'm liking quite a bit, if only because it fits me so well despite not having been made for me and I can barely tell I'm wearing it by weight alone.  Got it so I could get into harnisfechten with our brethren but I like wearing it about the house too.  lol
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2013-07-26, 16:48:28 »
Got it so I could get into harnisfechten with our brethren but I like wearing it about the house too.  lol

Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent