Main > The Round Table

I could use a hand in developing my heraldic shield

<< < (4/6) > >>

Lord Dane:
Brother Patricius,

Just a thought, ...
Try putting the red field above the white field (halved not quartered).
In the red field above, place your black honey badger in a forward facing position not rampant.
In the white field below, place a red maltese Templar cross centered.
The red field above is symbolic of your true self (if the honey badger is significant in this fashion).
The white field below represents your faith, beliefs, values, ideals, etc or other self.
Both are different in context but an integral part of the other as seen in the whole.
One cannot separate one from the other but only makes them fit together to be reflective of you.
Keep the color scheme as it works well together with the charges.

If this seems appropriate based on what you are seeking, you found your heraldry.

Sir Brian:
That is an intriguing variance Lord Dane and something for you to consider Patricius.

If it is any help, my COA is actually marshaled along with my wife’s which I developed simultaneously with mine. Her primary metal and color is Silver and Black respectively and the Rose charge is synonymous with her given name. The Silver represents the purity of her beautiful soul and loving heart, the Black represents her faithfulness in our love and marriage. As I hold her high above me, her COA is chief on my COA. The wavy line of division represents the sea which I traveled upon so that by providence we first met. The field of Green is my hope and joy of rebirth due to my Christian faith and the Gold Griffin for me represents my pursuit of better understanding and respect of my Lord and yet to have perseverance to be ever vigilant and death-defying in protecting those that I love.

Sir James A:
Sir Brian, I don't believe I've ever heard the description of your coat of arms. That's very eloquent!

Lord Dane:
Very touching Sir Brian. Nice sentiments put into your heraldry that reflect yourself sincerely.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2013-07-09, 01:10:17 ---Sir Brian, I don't believe I've ever heard the description of your coat of arms. That's very eloquent!
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2013-07-09, 02:00:14 ---Very touching Sir Brian. Nice sentiments put into your heraldry that reflect yourself sincerely.
--- End quote ---

Thank you gentlemen!  :)

I thought I had described the significance of my COA in my original post a couple years ago but after finding and reviewing it I had not. Well there it is then!   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version