Main > The Round Table

I could use a hand in developing my heraldic shield

<< < (3/6) > >>

Lord Chagatai:
Brother Patricius,
You have the right idea about keeping it simple....you have metal on color with overall charge very period looking and easy to replicate which is what you want...I like it and if you want to see mine just let me know...mine are actually registered heraldry with the college of heralds...so if you have any questions just let me know..

Lord Murchadh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

B. Patricius:
Thanks for all the help guys :D

Sir Edward:

Oh yes, simple is good for one main reason-- whatever you decide on, you'll have to paint it on something eventually. :)

Lord Dane:
Or someone else will. :)

Sir James A:
Patricius, forgot to put my heraldry and interpretation on here earlier. Copied from my site: http://www.james-anderson-iii.com/historical/my-heraldry/index/

--- Quote ---My personal heraldry is similar to the Anderson of Erbury historical one; both contain 3 charges, and both are chevron. However, the charges and field are inverted in color.
The BLACK FIELD is symbolic of the evil/darkness of the world.
The WHITE is in homage to the white that a Knight would wear during his vigil before his knighting. It is also a symbol of purity, and to stand in contrast to the darkness.
The CHEVRON division is a symbol of a wall of protection against those who would do harm to it's occupants.
The LIONS are symbolic of the way a lion pride relies upon each other to survive; the same way that a family needs each other to survive and prosper. My zodiac symbol is also the lion (Leo).
The TOP LIONS, specifically, are symbolic of parents; something I hope to be a half of some day. It also symbolizes that one person cannot accomplish everything on their own; they need a partner.
The LOWER LION, specifically, is symbolic of all family / children / loved ones. They are protected by the wall, as well as their guardians (the top lions).
--- End quote ---

And as you posted historical heraldry with your same last name (regardless of family heritage or not), I did something similar with mine. See "Anderson of Erbury" http://www.james-anderson-iii.com/historical/clan-heraldry/index/

Nothing wrong with drawing inspiration from a historical coat of arms, whether it's in your family tree, or just happens to have the same last name, or another name entirely. The great thing is, there's no "family" coat of arms, so there's no right or wrong of it that way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version