"It wasn't the reward that mattered or the recognition you might harvest. It was your depth of commitment, your quality of service, the product of your devotion -- these were the things that counted in a life. When you gave purely, the honor came in the giving, and that was honor enough."
                -- Scott O'Grady

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls Online, beta sign-up  (Read 27497 times)

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: Elder Scrolls Online, beta sign-up
« Reply #60 on: 2014-03-31, 13:20:29 »

ESO just went into early release yesterday. The official release is later this week, and anyone who grabs the 'pre-order' this week can get in right away.

I bought it, so I'm in. But I probably won't play it for a while. I'll let it mature first, since almost every MMORPG out there has needed a year or two to mature.

I logged in yesterday just to get a character started, and the main thing I noticed is that the starting zones have been changed. As in, you don't start in the same zones as in the beta. Now everyone starts at the faction capitol cities, and the previous starting zones have been turned into regular questing zones. People complained in the beta that the beginning of the game felt too linear, so they changed it.

Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
Re: Elder Scrolls Online, beta sign-up
« Reply #61 on: 2014-03-31, 21:32:49 »

ESO just went into early release yesterday. The official release is later this week, and anyone who grabs the 'pre-order' this week can get in right away.

I bought it, so I'm in. But I probably won't play it for a while. I'll let it mature first, since almost every MMORPG out there has needed a year or two to mature.

I logged in yesterday just to get a character started, and the main thing I noticed is that the starting zones have been changed. As in, you don't start in the same zones as in the beta. Now everyone starts at the faction capitol cities, and the previous starting zones have been turned into regular questing zones. People complained in the beta that the beginning of the game felt too linear, so they changed it.

So they changed it a bit for fans, that's a good sign. What comes with the pre order anyway?
-"I raise not the sword, but the shield."-Aiden Max