Main > The Round Table

'We Have Always Fought': Challenging the 'Women, Cattle and Slaves' Narrative

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2013-07-03, 21:21:21 ---I often find that it's the people who think they're helping a cause by emphasizing those differences that really do nothing but perpetuate the problems and biases that existed in the first place. Groups that make it a big point to emphasize when a woman or minority achieves something great are hurting not helping.  It's almost like saying the accomplishment is greater, because look, even a woman was able to do it!  Just stop thinking of people by their genders or races, accept that we're all people, and move on with your life.  Celebrate that humans have great achievements, not women vs men, or black vs white...

--- End quote ---

QFT, emphasis mine. Very well said.

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2013-07-06, 18:01:09 ---
--- Quote from: Ian on 2013-07-03, 21:21:21 ---I often find that it's the people who think they're helping a cause by emphasizing those differences that really do nothing but perpetuate the problems and biases that existed in the first place. Groups that make it a big point to emphasize when a woman or minority achieves something great are hurting not helping.  It's almost like saying the accomplishment is greater, because look, even a woman was able to do it!  Just stop thinking of people by their genders or races, accept that we're all people, and move on with your life.  Celebrate that humans have great achievements, not women vs men, or black vs white...

--- End quote ---

QFT, emphasis mine. Very well said.

--- End quote ---

I second that sentiment.  And I'll also add- your wife's a helicopter pilot?  That's hot.  I like that.  Not that it matters.  :)

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-07-11, 15:52:58 ---I second that sentiment.  And I'll also add- your wife's a helicopter pilot?  That's hot.  I like that.  Not that it matters.  :)

--- End quote ---

Yep, met in flight training.

B. Patricius:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2013-07-11, 17:49:24 ---
--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-07-11, 15:52:58 ---I second that sentiment.  And I'll also add- your wife's a helicopter pilot?  That's hot.  I like that.  Not that it matters.  :)

--- End quote ---

Yep, met in flight training.

--- End quote ---

there really needs to be a "like" button on these forums :D

Lord Dane:
Why? We obviously like everything.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version