Main > The Round Table

Modern Orders of Chivalry

<< < (2/3) > >>

B. Patricius:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2013-05-21, 18:14:42 ---Modern Orders that were created by enthusiasts, such as our own here, are much smaller in number, but don't fit the definition above. But it still makes me very happy to see groups like the Order of Selohaar, Order of the Fiat Lux, and Knights of Veritas, and other such groups that recreate chivalry and knighthood these days.

--- End quote ---

QFT and huzzah!  I can't remember the last time I talked with and worked with a group of people that I really have never met before in person, that I also got along with so well, as I do here.  The level of respect, grace and humility found here is truly a symbol of chivalric values, regardless of this group's precedence.  I've met plenty of "knights" who are members of the sacred or stately orders that have that 'elitist' attitude all over them, and scorn us "common folk." 

For me, it has always been the actions first, the words second, and lineage is way deep in last.

Joshua Santana:
Awesome resources!

Thorsteinn:
Don't forget the SCA Order of Chivalry.

http://www.whitebelt.com/CHIVPROJECT/

B. Patricius:
Thorsteinn,

you truly are lucky to be in the kingdom you are.  Kingdom of the West, as I've been to a couple of their demonstrations, and such, is truly special.  Unfortunately, here where I'm at, all I've seen evidence of the white belts is a "frat boy special wearing spurs and some facsimile of armor who won a popularity contest."  And the saddest part, I'm not the one to come up with that.  There is one knight here, that I truly respect that others do kind of shun in the community, but others love, but he doesn't count.  He came from West. :D

Thorsteinn:
Oh trust me, not every things roses here. For example: For a good long time if you weren't in the In Crowd, or Won a Tourney, then you didn't count. In fact it was said several times by a line of Kings that you had to win a Tourney to get the belt, when it was pointed out how many of the Knights (and 3/4ths of the ones from northern Nevada) had never won a tourney nor even placed well till after their Knighting, the cognitive dissonance was stunning.

Thus why Duchess Sir Mari Alexander & Count Sir Gemini de Grendel did such important work with the Knights Errant project.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version