Main > The Round Table

Modern Orders of Chivalry

(1/3) > >>

Corvus:
I believe that some may find this of interest...

Orders of Chivalry

B. Patricius:
That's a good link Corvus,

it appears to be biased a bit though, seems to be missing the orders in Catholicism. 
http://www.chivalricorders.org/  here's a pretty good one too!

Corvus:
Thanks Brother Patricius - I shall have a peek!

Corvus:
I have heard more than once that there are quite possibly modern chivalric orders out there that are not specifically Christian in nature. I have not been able to find any so far that seem legitimate, yet a study of such groups would be of interest to me.

Sir Edward:

Yeah, I think it comes down to what you consider "legitimate". I had googled this quite a bit about 5 years ago, and what I came up with were the orders that still exist in the church, and a few that are state-sanction in European countries (such as the Order of the Garter).

Modern Orders that have historical precedence, or are state-sanctioned, or are part of the church are still quite numerous (and often very exclusive in terms of who can join).

Modern Orders that were created by enthusiasts, such as our own here, are much smaller in number, but don't fit the definition above. But it still makes me very happy to see groups like the Order of Selohaar, Order of the Fiat Lux, and Knights of Veritas, and other such groups that recreate chivalry and knighthood these days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version