"War is at first like a beautiful girl with whom all men long to play, but in the end like a repulsive hag whose suitors all weep and ache."
                -- Samuel Hanagid (993-1056)

Author Topic: Knights and Freemasonry  (Read 20069 times)

Corvus

• A wanderer on the road less traveled
  • Forum Follower
Re: Knights and Freemasonry
« Reply #30 on: 2013-05-21, 04:07:50 »
That's crazy eh? That they overturned it after all that had been done? Wow - even then politics was shady

You can easily ask the Roman Empire or the Greeks if politics were ever not shady ;)  far as I'm concerned, you get three or more people together you have politics, intrigue, and conspiracy  ;D

Corvus, glad you liked the video.  I thought they did a good job of keeping on the subject at hand, and keeping an objective viewpoint.  I just wish others would as well.

Yes, it was very interesting. I have seen a few documentaries on the Templars but indeed, that was the best I have seen thus far. It really had me wondering what it would have been like for those men, all those centuries ago - to dedicate themselves so deeply only to ultimately be betrayed by what basically amounts to a politician.  Sad.   Now so many modern groups are claiming to be the real Templars it kind of takes away from the essence of what they probably really were.
“Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel.”    - Beowulf

Corvus

• Forum Follower
« Reply #31 on: 2013-05-21, 17:42:01 »
Indeed in the course of my research I have received an invitation by the Worshipful Master of Vancouver's largest Freemason Lodge - to come down and have a visit with him. This will give me a chance to perhaps get some of my questions about them answered  ;)

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
    • my pinterest - full of research
« Reply #32 on: 2013-05-21, 19:40:40 »
That's awesome Corvus!

I know plenty of dedicated men and women who have been betrayed by politics.  Growing up in a Catholic household in Catholic schools, I can attest to the level of devotion the Templars had, I saw it every day in the Cistercians, Dominicans, and Jesuits.
"Be open with your thoughts, Be witty with your humor, Be kind with your words, Be sensible in your acts." - Lord Dane
Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
~Officium-Honestas-Sacrificium~
my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/murphy.patrick.j

Corvus

• Forum Follower
« Reply #33 on: 2013-05-21, 20:12:41 »
That's awesome Corvus!

I know plenty of dedicated men and women who have been betrayed by politics.  Growing up in a Catholic household in Catholic schools, I can attest to the level of devotion the Templars had, I saw it every day in the Cistercians, Dominicans, and Jesuits.

Brother Patricius;

Perhaps as a Catholic you might enlighten me as to the reasoning of the Vatican - with regard to disallowing Catholics from becoming Freemasons?

Curious...

Corvus

• Forum Follower
« Reply #34 on: 2013-05-21, 20:41:54 »
I thought a Discovery Channel special would be a little less biased than this one

Corvus

• Forum Follower
« Reply #35 on: 2013-06-22, 00:09:22 »
Having recently now been to several events hosted by Freemasons and having had a goodly number of conversations with Master Masons I have been very impressed with the high degree of gentlemanliness and over all chivalric-style courtesy I have seen. Thus far a goodly order of gentlemen I think.