Main > The Round Table

Good inspirational movies

<< < (8/10) > >>

Corvus:
I thought the original Hellboy was pretty darn good, actually ;)  Waitin on the new Riddick movie - now that will be dark and 'fun' filled ;)

B. Patricius:
Just thought of another movie, this one, while not epic in the sense of the others, the half-pint loves it and it does have some good humor and action in it to boot, and for some reason, I can't get my Scot-TISH Bro-gue ou ov me head when thainkun a-boout it!:

and I gotta add this one too:
EPIC documentary, fun to watch while working on my mail

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2013-05-16, 00:44:07 ---http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112682/
--- End quote ---

Rumor has it the original ‘Working Title’ was "Dora the Explorer goes to Public Middle School"  ;)

Sir Nate:
is there any proof to queen elizabeth fighting.
I think Kingdom of heaven.
Robin hood 2010
Arn the templar
Iron clad
and braveheart are all inspiring, and really good showings of medieval eras and the affect it had on people back then.

B. Patricius:

--- Quote from: Sir Nate on 2013-08-21, 00:37:48 ---is there any proof to queen elizabeth fighting.
I think Kingdom of heaven.
Robin hood 2010
Arn the templar
Iron clad
and braveheart are all inspiring, and really good showings of medieval eras and the affect it had on people back then.

--- End quote ---

if you want to bring up Elizabeth fighting... don't get me started on Kingdom of Heaven, let alone Braveheart.  Braveheart is an atrocity to all Gaels and the Scots and Irish in particular.  What's a thousand years between friends and Hollywood though right?  Far as I'm concerned, everything I deal with at every event, stems from those two movies and my desire to make things right and respect those that lived and died in those times. 

Braveheart hits home for me because I am Irish-Scot.  Born in Galway. 

For Kingdom of Heaven, the Templars in particular, the truth versus the myth is just so saddening... Guy and Reynald were never Templars for one.

now, for entertainment?  All good movies.  But for a "really good showing of medieval eras and the [e]ffect it had on people back then" no... not even close.  No offense, but this is who and what I am.  I'm an Experimental Archaeologist.  So for me, those movies are just downright atrocious as far as historical accuracy.  you'd do just as well watching Star Wars as Braveheart to learn how Scots fought the English in the late 13th century.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version