Main > The Round Table

Chivalry is Sexist, Your Opinion?

<< < (3/3)

B. Patricius:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2013-05-04, 14:06:51 ---:cough cough: Excalibur.... :D :cough cough:

--- End quote ---

my lady happens to find me all tired and beat after a good day of training to be quite sexy ;)

Sir William:
If I read that right, the writer would find a simple greeting of 'Good Day' to be sexist in some way, shape or form.  People like that are of little note, other than being placed in the same designation as all others who choose to remain oblivious to the woes that beset society- it is they who actively seek to erode such mannerisms in order to bolster their own innate lack of self-esteem; people like that are to be pitied, not held in contempt.  They, like all others, will willingly cower behind our armored selves and our shields once they realize that the world works as it does, despite their personal points of view.  Worry not, esteemed compatriots- chivalry lives because we live it- our example fairly resonates to such an extent that those who view us have little trouble seeing and believing that we're not a bunch of costumed poseurs, but that we are the real thing.  Those that do not or cannot fathom or understand what drives us- what does that matter to the likes of us?  We don't do it for them...we do it for our own personal reasons but also because we recognize that which is sorely lacking in this day and age...simple virtue, unadulterated desire and a steadfast devotion to the pursuit of all things knightly.  That we each vary in degrees as to how we travel on this Path is a testament to the individuality of each person here- that we each strive to be more knightly, to espouse chivalry in a world that at times can seem to have gone mad is a testament to Chivalry itself.  That we, of such divergent backgrounds, could all find ourselves of an accord and seek to forge a brotherhood such as the Order of the Marshal...well...does that not say enough on its own?

B. Patricius:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-05-05, 01:05:36 ---If I read that right, the writer would find a simple greeting of 'Good Day' to be sexist in some way, shape or form.  People like that are of little note, other than being placed in the same designation as all others who choose to remain oblivious to the woes that beset society- it is they who actively seek to erode such mannerisms in order to bolster their own innate lack of self-esteem; people like that are to be pitied, not held in contempt.  They, like all others, will willingly cower behind our armored selves and our shields once they realize that the world works as it does, despite their personal points of view.  Worry not, esteemed compatriots- chivalry lives because we live it- our example fairly resonates to such an extent that those who view us have little trouble seeing and believing that we're not a bunch of costumed poseurs, but that we are the real thing.  Those that do not or cannot fathom or understand what drives us- what does that matter to the likes of us?  We don't do it for them...we do it for our own personal reasons but also because we recognize that which is sorely lacking in this day and age...simple virtue, unadulterated desire and a steadfast devotion to the pursuit of all things knightly.  That we each vary in degrees as to how we travel on this Path is a testament to the individuality of each person here- that we each strive to be more knightly, to espouse chivalry in a world that at times can seem to have gone mad is a testament to Chivalry itself.  That we, of such divergent backgrounds, could all find ourselves of an accord and seek to forge a brotherhood such as the Order of the Marshal...well...does that not say enough on its own?

--- End quote ---

QFT, very eloquently and inspiring Sir William.  Sounds more and more like the person who first dictated that is a simple sheep, unawares of neither the wolves who threaten them, nor the sheepdogs that protect them.

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---If I read that right, the writer would find a simple greeting of 'Good Day' to be sexist in some way, shape or form.  People like that are of little note, other than being placed in the same designation as all others who choose to remain oblivious to the woes that beset society- it is they who actively seek to erode such mannerisms in order to bolster their own innate lack of self-esteem; people like that are to be pitied, not held in contempt.  They, like all others, will willingly cower behind our armored selves and our shields once they realize that the world works as it does, despite their personal points of view.  Worry not, esteemed compatriots- chivalry lives because we live it- our example fairly resonates to such an extent that those who view us have little trouble seeing and believing that we're not a bunch of costumed poseurs, but that we are the real thing.  Those that do not or cannot fathom or understand what drives us- what does that matter to the likes of us?  We don't do it for them...we do it for our own personal reasons but also because we recognize that which is sorely lacking in this day and age...simple virtue, unadulterated desire and a steadfast devotion to the pursuit of all things knightly.  That we each vary in degrees as to how we travel on this Path is a testament to the individuality of each person here- that we each strive to be more knightly, to espouse chivalry in a world that at times can seem to have gone mad is a testament to Chivalry itself.  That we, of such divergent backgrounds, could all find ourselves of an accord and seek to forge a brotherhood such as the Order of the Marshal...well...does that not say enough on its own?

QFT, very eloquently and inspiring Sir William.  Sounds more and more like the person who first dictated that is a simple sheep, unawares of neither the wolves who threaten them, nor the sheepdogs that protect them.
--- End quote ---

I do believe that Sir William has spoken our minds eloquently.  Huzzah and Well Done!

I can go on a list on arguments to disprove the arguments most feminists will make about Chivalry but it is one thing to prove to them with deeds and actions rather than words. 

Every time I hear their arguments I cannot help but think these questions: "So yo are saying that Honor, Nobility and Courage are dead?"  "You mean that Honor (Chivalry) is a form of masculine oppression?"  or "Your point is that Masculine Morality is oppressive and non existent?"  The essence of my question is the argument of "Is Morality dead in today's society?" (This is a hypothetical question to make it clear). 

This is why we Knights here and around the Country have to speak up and prove our Chivalry in the face of ignorance and apathy.  I know nI sound a bit radical but it is a cause worth fighting for.   

B. Patricius:

--- Quote from: Joshua Santana on 2013-05-06, 18:00:35 ---
--- Quote ---If I read that right, the writer would find a simple greeting of 'Good Day' to be sexist in some way, shape or form.  People like that are of little note, other than being placed in the same designation as all others who choose to remain oblivious to the woes that beset society- it is they who actively seek to erode such mannerisms in order to bolster their own innate lack of self-esteem; people like that are to be pitied, not held in contempt.  They, like all others, will willingly cower behind our armored selves and our shields once they realize that the world works as it does, despite their personal points of view.  Worry not, esteemed compatriots- chivalry lives because we live it- our example fairly resonates to such an extent that those who view us have little trouble seeing and believing that we're not a bunch of costumed poseurs, but that we are the real thing.  Those that do not or cannot fathom or understand what drives us- what does that matter to the likes of us?  We don't do it for them...we do it for our own personal reasons but also because we recognize that which is sorely lacking in this day and age...simple virtue, unadulterated desire and a steadfast devotion to the pursuit of all things knightly.  That we each vary in degrees as to how we travel on this Path is a testament to the individuality of each person here- that we each strive to be more knightly, to espouse chivalry in a world that at times can seem to have gone mad is a testament to Chivalry itself.  That we, of such divergent backgrounds, could all find ourselves of an accord and seek to forge a brotherhood such as the Order of the Marshal...well...does that not say enough on its own?

--- End quote ---

I do believe that Sir William has spoken our minds eloquently.  Huzzah and Well Done!

I can go on a list on arguments to disprove the arguments most feminists will make about Chivalry but it is one thing to prove to them with deeds and actions rather than words. 

Every time I hear their arguments I cannot help but think these questions: "So yo are saying that Honor, Nobility and Courage are dead?"  "You mean that Honor (Chivalry) is a form of masculine oppression?"  or "Your point is that Masculine Morality is oppressive and non existent?"  The essence of my question is the argument of "Is Morality dead in today's society?" (This is a hypothetical question to make it clear). 

This is why we Knights here and around the Country have to speak up and prove our Chivalry in the face of ignorance and apathy.  I know nI sound a bit radical but it is a cause worth fighting for.   

--- End quote ---

Joshua, you too, were very eloquently spoken in your words.  I personally enjoy when people tell me honor, chivalry, integrity, or courage are dead, for me that is a challenge to shine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version