Main > The Round Table

In the UK - Was: For Sale: Hanwei Practical Norman Sword & Scabbard

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir Edward:

My closest tie to Europe right now is that there's a town in England that shares my last name, that dates back at least as far as the domesday book. I'd love to visit it, though from what I understand it's little more than an industrial railroad stop these days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toton

Sir Ulrich:
You're actually quite lucky to live in the UK the medieval reenacting there is quite good I heard. I might have to take a trip there one day but I cant bring all my 50 pounds of gear on the plane with me to go.

royalist89:
Toton, yeah I've been there its not far from Worksop and your quite right nothing to scream about. This will make you chuckle, theres a 'New York' in Lincolnshire, went there about 5 years ago and its little more than 4-5 houses, didn't half make people chuckle when I said I'd been to the 'big apple'

As for re-enactment, yeah it should be! we had a middle ages :P, If you guys ever get over here i'd be happy to give a tour of Lincoln and York, The best medieval cities in England, Edward Longshanks 1st held parliament in Lincoln Cathedral while hammering the scots and York is just simply stunning. As for re-enactment it depends,  its the same with everything, some groups focus on being authentic, while more focus on family fun and a nice hobby.

I used to re-enact American civil war, really really wanted to get over to the States and check the sites out, sadly never did make it :(

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2013-04-23, 14:17:59 ---
My closest tie to Europe right now is that there's a town in England that shares my last name, that dates back at least as far as the domesday book. I'd love to visit it, though from what I understand it's little more than an industrial railroad stop these days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toton

--- End quote ---

Doomsday book????

:blink blink:

Domesday Book

Ahhh... carry on :)

Sir Wolf:
lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page