Main > The Round Table

How to apply Heraldry to a shield?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sir Edward:

Those epoxy paints are crazy-tough, I have to admit. Not exactly period though. :)

The shield that we did the epoxy paint on that I have is holding up really well. The charges I painted on with enamels are scratched off in some spots, but the epoxy underneath is still there.

Sir Brian:
About five years ago at my work, we started using the epoxy based paint on radar pedestals that are exposed to the elements 24/7 and they are now starting to come back to us for their five year overhaul and the integrity of the paint is perfect. We typically just have to wipe the outside down and they are still good to go. :)

B. Patricius:
that is some wicked awesome paint!  Man oh man, what I wouldn't have given for some of that back in the day on my cutter!  We used to joke, "she goes out white with a red stripe, comes back red with maybe a white one!"  ;D

Sir James A:
Wow, that's some durable stuff, Sir Brian. I used appliance epoxy paint on the inside of one of my leg harnesses. Not as durable as truck bed liner, but better than regular spray paint, which I had used before.

B. Patricius:
truck bed liner... who knew? :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version