Main > The Round Table

Weapon of Choice?

<< < (11/12) > >>

Ian:
We finally got rid of that horrible Beretta M9, and started deploying with Sig P226's which was great.  Sigs are awesome, just a little overpriced.  Luckily sig does a good .mil discount if you buy from a master sig dealer.

B. Patricius:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2013-05-02, 19:27:29 ---We finally got rid of that horrible Beretta M9, and started deploying with Sig P226's which was great.  Sigs are awesome, just a little overpriced.  Luckily sig does a good .mil discount if you buy from a master sig dealer.

--- End quote ---

I've shot 1911's since I could walk.  In basic training, yeah, I got that cut on my hand from the M9.  I hate that thing.  Going from the 1911's trigger to that thing was a deep learning curve.  I do love the Sigs too, I have a P238 I continually carry on me.  But for full frame, I do love the H&K.45.  I totally understand where Sir Edward is coming from, I love manual decocks and safeties. 

Sir Edward:
I'm wondering how different the M9 is from the civilian 92FS. I have one of the latter, and have never had any problems with it. In fact, I think it's the only semi-auto I have that has never jammed on me.

Having said that, I fell in love with the 1911 after finally getting one, and between that and my Sig, I have my needs mostly covered. Recently added a Walther PPK/S as a more concealable option though. And it's the James Bond gun. :)

B. Patricius:
Walther PPK/S are great guns!  My buddy also has a Walther P-22 lol such a fun plinker since it shoots 22lr.

The M9, as a whole is a very good package.  It's just the feel of it, from a 1911 that had me all up in arms about it.  The trigger pull, and grip just felt "wrong."   Beyond that, a buddy of mine, a Marine who spent time in the dustbowl said it was terrible because of its unique slide.  It'd get crud and grime into its slide within the first 20 seconds out.  I believe that is the main bane of that weapon, so at home, it's ok.

The H&K mk23/USP felt enough like a 1911 that it made it easier for me to adapt to, and after ten years of using them, I'm sold on those bricks.  But still, it's the familiarity, like in all things, that has me sold on it.  Within my first day, I could field strip it, clean it, and get her back together pretty much blindfolded because it was so similar to the 1911.  The catch, latch, saftey, even the barrel, are all very similar to 1911s.

Gotta say though, this is hands down my favorite pistol of all time:
with a cartridge conversion, nothing is better to me.

I like the pocket models too, even though they're small in caliber, I'm pretty sure at 5 feet the perp would still count it.  After seeing what I've seen a 22lr do, I'll put faith in a .32 at defense ranges.  It helps to be able to aim too ;)

Sir Wolf:
is that the 58 army? i have a 51 navy and a 60 new army

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version