Main > The Round Table

Weapon of Choice?

<< < (9/12) > >>

Ian:
the H&K USP is the smoothest stock trigger and cleanest break of any pistol I've ever fired... BUT, I've really come to love striker fired pistols.  I'm a Glock man I guess, but I'm in the market for an M&P right now.  The XD's being made in Croatia kinda bothers me for some reason :)

B. Patricius:
Check out the M&P before you go for it Ian.  I've heard some mixed reviews from gun owners and gunshops that carry it with disgruntled customers.  Just a head's up!  8)  I personally think Smith&Wesson isn't what it once was, but still is one of the better options out there.  They're all good, and do what they need to do.  Just check ahead of time.  Some I hear are amazing and do exactly what they are supposed to, others are lemons.  I think it's more a quality control issue rather than the technology or design itself.

Ian:

--- Quote from: B. Patricius on 2013-05-02, 00:40:47 ---Check out the M&P before you go for it Ian.  I've heard some mixed reviews from gun owners and gunshops that carry it with disgruntled customers.  Just a head's up!  8)  I personally think Smith&Wesson isn't what it once was, but still is one of the better options out there.  They're all good, and do what they need to do.  Just check ahead of time.  Some I hear are amazing and do exactly what they are supposed to, others are lemons.  I think it's more a quality control issue rather than the technology or design itself.

--- End quote ---

S&W had some similar QA issues with their M&P rifles a while back.  Word on the street is they've since corrected the issues, but I'm sure there are still some crappy ones out there.  I love Glock, I'm just in the mood for something a little different this time 'round.

Sir Edward:

I don't have any striker pistols currently, though my wife has one. So far my favorite configuration is on the Sig Sauers: an external hammer with a de-cocking lever instead of a manual safety.

Silvanus:
A simple longsword was my vote, although, as was said, the term 'longsword' is a bit vague....

I shot an AR-15 for the first time a couple weeks ago. It's hard not to fall in love with them. My Ruger P89 was jealous....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version