"War is at first like a beautiful girl with whom all men long to play, but in the end like a repulsive hag whose suitors all weep and ache."
                -- Samuel Hanagid (993-1056)

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 10593 times)

Sir Marcus

• New Forum Member
  • Wyrd bið ful aræd
Re: Greetings
« Reply #15 on: 2013-04-04, 21:06:15 »
Greetings from one new guy to another!
Be without fear in the face of your enemies.
Be brave and upright that God may love thee.
Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death.
Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong – that is your oath."

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 2013-04-05, 00:39:32 »
James,
Yes it is a wyvern on my elbows but what I am wearing are called bauzebans (sp) and the way they work is vambraces and elbows in a single pattern...I will take a better pic of them and post it...I love my rigs and I love fighting....hopefully I can get to Pennsic someday and see everyone..

Lord Murchadh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ah, I see, I thought it was low profile elbows. Bazubands is how I see it spelled, sometimes called "bazus" for shorthand. They're eastern/persian in origin.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • "Nobiscum Deus" "Libertas ad omnes civitates"
« Reply #17 on: 2013-04-06, 05:32:20 »
Welcome! And what do you mean moved away from DnD? I still have a blast with that game!  ;D
And our usual meets are VARF, MDRF, and the annual DOK events. I think only Sir Ed does Pennsic (besides the SCAdians among the order, that is).

So what year is your Mongol impression, and what region? I haven't seen much of those before. And if you wanted to multi-kit, a Gallowglass kit wouldn't be as expensive as a full knightly kit, if you want to take the Irish road.  :)
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

Lord Chagatai

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
« Reply #18 on: 2013-04-09, 14:34:41 »
Sir Nathan,
Moved away from DnD cause family stuff and not enough time, between family, work and SCA.

My Mongol persona is around 1272 thats when Chagatai second son to temujin (genghis kahn) was born. So from 1272 until his death which if my memory stands from the secret history was in his later years...I forget the actual date. There were knights in Mongol history they were just not called Knights per se but they belonged to the Golden Horde and were Genghis' guards and closest advisors so I try to play that role and be a good squire to my knight.

Not interested in going back to my Irish persona soon but maybe. My beliefs and fighting style are more like the Asian mentality. I really like that culture as well as my heritage but thinking I am going to stick with Asian for now. I shall look into that rig though!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
    • my pinterest - full of research
« Reply #19 on: 2013-04-18, 00:44:23 »

My Mongol persona is around 1272 thats when Chagatai second son to temujin (genghis kahn) was born. So from 1272 until his death which if my memory stands from the secret history was in his later years...I forget the actual date. There were knights in Mongol history they were just not called Knights per se but they belonged to the Golden Horde and were Genghis' guards and closest advisors so I try to play that role and be a good squire to my knight.

oooh, LrdMurchadh...

first from a fellow newcomer, welcome! 

second, my SCA persona is Japanese, age 30 in 1275... when the Mongols invaded!!  :o here's hoping we both can make the "crusade" to Pennsic as it's called around here.  I'd love to work with you just to have a Samurai vs a Mongol battle royale!
"Be open with your thoughts, Be witty with your humor, Be kind with your words, Be sensible in your acts." - Lord Dane
Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
~Officium-Honestas-Sacrificium~
my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/murphy.patrick.j