"No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave."
                -- Calvin Coolidge

Author Topic: Almain Collar  (Read 5630 times)

Allan Senefelder

• Forum Follower
Almain Collar
« on: 2013-02-12, 22:52:46 »
IIRC some one here was interested in the Almain collar we used to make. I'll be finishing off the last owed one tommorow and starting one to offer for sale ( not much has gone in the last two weeks and I need to get some cash in to cover more steel and some postage ) that will be done Friday night. Used to get $270 for them, probably ask $230 if interested.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Almain Collar
« Reply #1 on: 2013-02-12, 23:14:41 »
That would be Matt / MadManPSU; he's also on FB too
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2013-02-13, 15:11:33 »
Yup, that was Matthew...I really do like the look of those, but it is so far out of my period I can't do it.  Well...I could...but Matt really wants it anyways.  James and I both remember him talking about it.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #3 on: 2013-02-15, 04:31:47 »
Thanks for reminding Allan it was me, guys. We've been in contact and I'm happy to say he's going to make me an Almain Collar, so I get my wish. I'm going to use it for the Border Reiver impression I've been working on. Now to find my Buff Coat so I can get the measurements....

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2013-02-15, 05:12:54 »
Thanks for reminding Allan it was me, guys. We've been in contact and I'm happy to say he's going to make me an Almain Collar, so I get my wish. I'm going to use it for the Border Reiver impression I've been working on. Now to find my Buff Coat so I can get the measurements....

Awesome! Congrats on the pending acquisition!
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent