"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
                -- Edmund Burke

Author Topic: Armored or Not- what makes you a Knight?  (Read 23507 times)

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
    • my pinterest - full of research
Re: Armored or Not- what makes you a Knight?
« Reply #45 on: 2013-04-20, 07:33:22 »
Thanks for the update Lord Dane.  And job well done.

and truly, my heart goes out to the MITPD.  26... always so young and promising

And I pray for a speedy recovery for the Transit officer.  Black on the shields, but at least it was a job completed this time.  Bravo zulu.
"Be open with your thoughts, Be witty with your humor, Be kind with your words, Be sensible in your acts." - Lord Dane
Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
~Officium-Honestas-Sacrificium~
my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/murphy.patrick.j

Justin

• Knight at heart
  • Forum Member
  • On the quest to knighthood
« Reply #46 on: 2015-06-30, 07:16:37 »
I personally don't believe that armor defines a knight. The prestigious title of Knight should be given to someone who has shown that they are both chivalrous and honorable. While donning a suit of armor is indeed indicative of a time when knights were prominent, it did not define them. Their deeds, courage, honor, and selfless service did. These are just my thoughts on knighthood though.
Some say that the age of chivalry is past, that the spirit of romance is dead. The age of chivalry is never past, so long as there is a wrong left unredressed on earth.

Sir Michael

• New Forum Member
  • Always striving to be a man of high morals
« Reply #47 on: 2015-06-30, 15:16:20 »
Armored or not, what makes a knight?  Well I personally don't believe that it is the armor as I don't believe that the clothes make the man.  A man should be judged by his actions and how he carries himself.  My faith in God and wanting to help my fellow man make this world of ours a better place to live in is what makes me a knight.  I have a strong sense of duty, honor and morals that I thank God that my parents instilled in me.  I have been married to the greatest woman in the world for over 20 years now and that in itself is something you do not see much of in this world anymore.     Do I deserve to be called a knight?  I will let God and you my peers decide that.
Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong; this is your oath. (slap) And that is so you remember it. Rise a knight.