Main > The Round Table

Grave of Richard III found?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Todd Eriksen:
Richard III is a one of those guys that you either love him, or you either hate him.  From my reading I think that he was a very good leader, and numerous accounts of him in city annals lamented his death.  Those admissions were missed by the Henry VII propagandists.  Remember, to the victor goes the spoils, and it seems that H VII did everything he could to justify his actions.  What really tainted his reign was the disappearance and supposed murdering of his nephews.

Sir James A:
Supposed to have DNA testing results in February. Let's see what happens!

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Todd Eriksen on 2013-01-12, 03:37:23 ---Richard III is a one of those guys that you either love him, or you either hate him.  From my reading I think that he was a very good leader, and numerous accounts of him in city annals lamented his death.  Those admissions were missed by the Henry VII propagandists.  Remember, to the victor goes the spoils, and it seems that H VII did everything he could to justify his actions.  What really tainted his reign was the disappearance and supposed murdering of his nephews.

--- End quote ---

Are you speaking of Richard III having killed his nephews?

Ian:
Update!  Big news forthcoming!
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2272653/Human-remains-Leicester-car-park-DO-belong-Richard-III-scientists-prepare-reveal-results-DNA-testing.html#axzz2JsZF4EwU

Sir William:
Big news is here, it is him.  Todd makes a very pertinent point- to the victor go the spoils and a lot of what was written about Richard III was written by Tudor loyalists; it was their job to demonize him.  Still...wonder what happened to his nephews?

It wasn't like they had never had precedent...it is widely believed that King John slew his nephew Arthur to get past him in the line of succession, as Arthur had been designated Heir to the Throne by Richard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version