Main > The Round Table

Fun at Coldwater Steampunk Festival

<< < (3/3)

Sir Brian:
Excellent looking harness! I can't wait to see the pictures of the duel! :)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: merc3065 on 2012-08-17, 01:37:39 ---Everyone has a great eye for Allan's work.

It really is nice equipment and it definitely got a lot of attention for the attention to detail put into it.

They are really mobile, but I am now having an issue of my shoulder points digging into my collar bone and just making things uncomfortable.  I've always had this issue even with backpacks and rucksacks.  More padding for that spot I think...

--- End quote ---

Trying leaving it pointed/tied a little bit looser first. I have no padding on mine, except the two layers of fabric, but if it's tied too tight, when you lift your arms the upper edge of the plate will start to push into your shoulder.

Sir William:

--- Quote from: merc3065 on 2012-08-17, 01:37:39 ---Everyone has a great eye for Allan's work.

It really is nice equipment and it definitely got a lot of attention for the attention to detail put into it.

They are really mobile, but I am now having an issue of my shoulder points digging into my collar bone and just making things uncomfortable.  I've always had this issue even with backpacks and rucksacks.  More padding for that spot I think...

--- End quote ---

You're probably not wearing a gambeson or aketon underneath your armor, are you?  In any case, try one of these out:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brown-Padded-Gorget-Medieval-Armour-Collar-Substrata-protection-for-chain-mail-/261015429046?pt=AU_Militaria&hash=item3cc5bb5fb6

might just do the trick!

merc3065:
full gambeson underneath yes.  In all of it's hot, sweaty, stinky glory :)

I'll check into the padded gorget.  Might be a nice addition have to be able to see it in person before I pull the trigger.

Sir William:
Well, I just pulled the trigger on one so I'll be sure to take pics at some point.  Actually, Sir Brian has one too- not sure if its made by the same people, but his is a really nice one as well that he uses in his armor-lite kit, I think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version