Main > The Round Table

Personal Messages

(1/4) > >>

Sir Edward:

I made a change to how Personal Messages (PMs) operate. The email notification that you receive will now only let you know that you received a PM and from whom, and will no longer contain the body of the text. This is to make it less confusing. I was never happy with how it handled nested quotations within the email anyway, making PM conversations difficult to understand without logging in.

This way you will still get the notification, but since you need to use the forum to reply anyway, you might as well read it here where all of the formatting and the like still functions properly.

Sir Brian:
Hey thanks! I wasn't either crazy about how the forum did that.

Sir Wolf:
the MAN is keeping us down!

Sir James A:
Agreed, and well done. Somehow I think this will reduce a few of your admin headaches. ;)

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2012-06-27, 18:12:41 ---Agreed, and well done. Somehow I think this will reduce a few of your admin headaches. ;)

--- End quote ---

Absolutely. Now the messages will look more like this:

--- Quote ---You have just been sent a personal message by SENDER on ModernChivalry.org

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email. You will need to log into the forum to retrieve this message.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version