"It wasn't the reward that mattered or the recognition you might harvest. It was your depth of commitment, your quality of service, the product of your devotion -- these were the things that counted in a life. When you gave purely, the honor came in the giving, and that was honor enough."
                -- Scott O'Grady

Author Topic: Need a new PC?  (Read 5071 times)

Bernarr

• Forum Member
Need a new PC?
« on: 2012-05-24, 05:13:04 »
Friend of mine is selling 3 towers-

$950-
Operating System: Windows 7
Motherboard:  ASUS P8Z68-V LE
Processor:  INTEL I7-2600K
Hard Drive:  1TB WDC RAID DRIVE SATAII
Memory: 16GB DDR3 1333 RAM
Video: POWERCOLOR RADEON HD6870
DVD: 22X DVDRW DL
WIRELESS: B/G/N
POWER SUPPLY: CORSAIR CX600
CASE: Rosewill Gear X3

$800-
Motherboard:  ASUS P8Z68-V LE
Processor:  INTEL I5-2500
Hard Drive:  1TB WDC RAID DRIVE SATAII
Memory: 16GB DDR3 1333 RAM
Video: (2) XFX RADEON HD6670 – 4 DVI & 2 HDMI PORTS
POWER SUPPLY: CORSAIR TX650 V2
CASE: Rosewill Gear X3

$900-
Motherboard:  BIOSTAR H61MGC
Processor:  INTEL I7-2600K
Hard Drive:  500GB WDC RAID DRIVE SATAII
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333 RAM
Video: POWERCOLOR RADEON HD6870
POWER SUPPLY: CORSAIR CX600
CASE: Supercooler Front USB & Audio, 3 3.5” bays
***I’ll toss in a ASUS P8Z68-V LE with this one but it may need to be rma’d before you can put it in the computer. It was giving me trouble and I don’t have time to rma it…
I also have 2 more sticks of ram with this one. The asus board takes 4 the biostar takes 2.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Need a new PC?
« Reply #1 on: 2012-05-24, 19:09:53 »
You know what I found in my closet during my move?  An old 6gb Seagate drive that I pulled out of the first pc I built myself...I was so proud, it had 256MB of ram, that drive and Pentium ONE processor!  LOL

Yea...I just dated myself.  I don't even know anymore, are those prices lower than they should be?
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.”

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #2 on: 2012-05-24, 19:47:48 »

I'm not familiar with the Radeon video cards anymore (I use NVidia mostly), but assuming they're reasonably current like everything else on the list, those are decent systems, so the prices are fair.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2012-05-25, 00:58:11 »
Yea...I just dated myself.  I don't even know anymore, are those prices lower than they should be?

That I7 is really cheap. I got a similar machine at work 6 months ago, with a generic video card (it's a corporate PC) and it was something like $1,500. Oh yeah, if it's like the one I got at work and I'm looking at specs right, that I7 is an insane machine - quad core, dual threaded - so it acts like 8 cores. Task manager is a thing of beauty like that. :D
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Bernarr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: 2012-05-25, 02:23:31 »
I'm an NVidia man myself, but my friend told me those towers play battlefield 3 on max settings very well. He is selling them for less than what he spent putting them together, mostly because they're taking up space at the datacenter and he needs them gone.
They'd be shipping from Michigan, in case anyone was wondering about shipping costs. I can't remember exactly where the datacenter is though. I'll see if I can find out and post some more accurate information!