"No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave."
                -- Calvin Coolidge

Author Topic: West June Crown Tourney Announcement (x-post).  (Read 3678 times)

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
West June Crown Tourney Announcement (x-post).
« on: 2012-05-23, 06:33:36 »
From the West Kingdom Facebook page:

June Crown- The Crucible

June 22nd-24th- Quincy California
We invite all fighters to join the field for a Crown Tournament unlike any that have come before.

To determine Their Heirs, They would would fashion a Crucible. A true test of endurance and skill, that would be wrought from the swords and valiantry of the warriors of this Kingdom. To this end, They would have the fields divided and a round robin fought upon each field. From this will be determined the top two Contenders who have the most victories on each field and those warriors will advance to a second round robin. When the two best from the second round robin are determined, they shall fight finals as two victories out of three as is standard in the West.

The nature of this format will allow all fighters to enter; those who wish to contend for the Crown as well as those who wish only to test the mettle of those who compete. The combat between a Contender and a non-contender will be fought so that all may participate in the Glory of the West and will not count against those who fight for the Crown.

The Ladies of Royal Estate will be asked to join Her Majesty in watching for acts of Chivalry and Honor upon the field and to then give roses to those good gentles so that they may honor their consorts with this gift through out the day.

-King Hauoc Bender and Queen Mina Wynter
« Last Edit: 2012-05-23, 06:34:47 by RauttSkegg »
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Honorare scutum meum, veritas mea gladio
Re: West June Crown Tourney Announcement (x-post).
« Reply #1 on: 2012-05-23, 15:41:14 »
Thank you for sharing Rautt, this is quite interesting.
Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et Spirítui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Honor My Sword, Truth My Shield.

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2012-05-23, 18:37:11 »
Guess this means I'm going to have to work on my endurance level as this probably means i will be fighting 10+ 'A Game' fights.

Last time I did this I was sore for over a week.
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Honorare scutum meum, veritas mea gladio
« Reply #3 on: 2012-05-24, 13:37:01 »
Guess this means I'm going to have to work on my endurance level as this probably means i will be fighting 10+ 'A Game' fights.

Last time I did this I was sore for over a week.

Good thinking and tell me about it, I did a seminar last year in March and I was sore in the body and mind sadly for two weeks.  I thought I couldn't recover but I did (thankfully).  :)
Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et Spirítui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Honor My Sword, Truth My Shield.