"Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense".
                -- Winston Churchill

Author Topic: Things I learned at Fighter Practice today.  (Read 3560 times)

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Things I learned at Fighter Practice today.
« on: 2012-05-07, 01:14:42 »
Things I learned at Fighter Practice today:

a) Do not go left-handed daneaxe if you suck left-handed, especially against another daneaxe. You will eat a world rocking counterblow.

b) Windrose makes anti-semetic helms regarding Jewish noses. That or I need to pad my helm a little better.

c) My spear form defense is getting much better, but my offence is going to kill me.

d) Counts can use greatswords to throw nuketastic face thrusts that stop being screaming fast and devastatingly powerful 4" from your face and land with a rather unpowerful, & quite chivalric, tap.
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
Re: Things I learned at Fighter Practice today.
« Reply #1 on: 2012-05-07, 19:51:22 »
Ha!  :)

I especially like (d).
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Honorare scutum meum, veritas mea gladio
Re: Things I learned at Fighter Practice today.
« Reply #2 on: 2012-05-08, 11:54:23 »
Interesting foot notes, thank you for sharing Rautt!
Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et Spirítui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Honor My Sword, Truth My Shield.