Main > The Round Table

Server upgrade

<< < (7/9) > >>

Bernarr:
It's fairly large now. Back on 2006, I left a mid-size host who had close to 9k servers to go work for cPanel, we're almost at that point now I think. Staff has expanded a lot, we just hired some more new people, I think 2 or 3 of those will be starting in July.

Sir James A:
I checked back over the thread and don't see it ... which host is this? A PM or email is fine. I'm frustrated with my current host. A lot.

Sir Edward:
I don't know what the etiquette is in talking about one's server host publicly, or what the security implications are, so I've been erring on the side of speaking in generalities. I'll PM you some info.

--- Quote from: Bernarr on 2012-06-28, 05:45:46 ---It's fairly large now. Back on 2006, I left a mid-size host who had close to 9k servers to go work for cPanel, we're almost at that point now I think. Staff has expanded a lot, we just hired some more new people, I think 2 or 3 of those will be starting in July.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that's what I was guessing. I've been a customer for 8 years, so I've watched it grow considerably.

Bernarr:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-06-28, 14:01:07 ---I don't know what the etiquette is in talking about one's server host publicly, or what the security implications are, so I've been erring on the side of speaking in generalities. I'll PM you some info.

--- End quote ---

We tend to keep any information we don't want public close to the chest, so you can pretty much feel free to say what you like. You do have a referral code to spread the word, ya know  ;) (You also get $20 in service credit if people sign up using your code and stay active for 90 days)

Also, since James brought up his unhappiness with his current host.. I have a spare cPanel server with plenty of resources just sitting there if anyone wants some space for a site or whatever just let me know!

Sir Edward:

There will be roughly one hour of downtime on Wednesday, just a head's up:

Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 between 11:00AM UTC and 11:55AM UTC

Our hosting company is doing maintenance and will shut us down briefly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version