"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."
                -- Eddie Rickenbacker

Author Topic: greaves  (Read 2482 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
greaves
« on: 2012-04-15, 18:25:29 »

recent project. GDFB greaves. i reshaped and trimmed the one so far. it makes a decent fit. not totally great but much better and wearable. my daughter is sleeping or else I would be working on the other one right now. The only issue with the fixed one is it is still a tad high on my leg. it just presses against the lower edge of the knee when strapped to the GDFB legs (which I had to cut off the inner part of the legs cause of the "cutting of the boys" when I walked

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: greaves
« Reply #1 on: 2012-04-16, 03:22:08 »
Wait, wait wait wait, I'm awake now. When I saw the picture on FB I completely blanked those are the hinges it came with. I thought you put the hinges on, since I recently did hinges on a set of my reworked greaves. I can clearly see one is shorter than the other now. Maybe the repeated sword blows to my head today shook the cobwebs out. :)

Nice job on the reworking. The left one looks much better, the rolls at the bottom line up nicely.

Also, gotta ask ... I see bullets on the bench, and I see a hole in the front of one of the greaves...... coincidence? :D
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2012-04-16, 19:43:25 »
You know, til I read you'd fixed just the one, I was going to ask if perhaps my view was askew lol
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #3 on: 2012-04-16, 20:29:28 »
couldnt fix the left leg on Sunday, my cutting disk broke on my angle grinder. have to pick one of those up tomorrow.