"Our own heart, and not other men's opinion, forms our true honor."
                -- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Author Topic: Recent Dagger Project  (Read 4500 times)

Paulus von Zurich

• New Forum Member
Recent Dagger Project
« on: 2017-01-31, 16:23:10 »
Had a blade laying around from Atlanta Cutlery and I decided it needed to be hilted. With some help from my good friend Mark from CLANG Armory we turned this out back around the first of the year.

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
Re: Recent Dagger Project
« Reply #1 on: 2017-02-03, 02:11:01 »
Very cool!  I love DIY projects.  :)

Can you share a step-by-step process?  Which blade was it that you used?
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Paulus von Zurich

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: 2017-02-06, 12:39:56 »
Thanks Rodney, it's the Arkansas toothpick blade.

I don't have a detailed step by step process that I can post. It is pretty straightforward that I cut a cross out of a scrap piece of steel and fitted it to the blade. After that I carved a handle from a piece of scrap oak, drilled a hole and then burned through the grip after heating the tang to a dull red. The pommel was then turned by my friend on his metal lathe and then he milled it to fit the tang. After it was all assembled, I covered the grip in thin goat leather. The scabbard is fashioned from two pieces of thick saddle skirting leather and then covered with goat.

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
« Reply #3 on: 2017-02-09, 03:00:33 »
Awesome.   8)

I've seen so many people do cool things with that blade.  Well done!
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber