"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
                -- Marcus Aurelius

Author Topic: A buisness concept, can u help? (not finacial)  (Read 5092 times)

VaughnStrever

• New Forum Member
A buisness concept, can u help? (not finacial)
« on: 2012-04-04, 16:44:23 »
Consider this....

You walk into a tent with open sides, in front of you is your table fitted with the most historically accurate table wares possible. Your seated and soon your eyes are drawn to a historical scene, with two (or more) men wearing historically accurate clothing of the 15th c. An argument breaks out between them and soon they fight, yet the conflict isn't over. You watch how each knight gathers more knights to settle this conflict,  soon the battle of fully armored knights breaks out. And you realize that every action seen is an accurate depiction of the wma and your table wares have brought you into the scene of a Living History Program!

Not only does this program have entertainment, but there is also food and wine/beer served. Not only all of that, but there is a live band playing anything from medieval tunes to swing/jazz when the program is not running. And even, yes, even a dance floor! An upscale environment of a True Living Historical Program of Entertainment and modern accommodations for Dancing the night away.

I have already begun putting this business into effect with now only waiting for 2 more shipments I'll have enough inventory to put this together. I have taken legal advice, financial advice, planning, business consulting and all of the above... But all i need is people to help with their time to take a professional photo shoot and video (Yes I have the camera and video equipment)

Im in North Carolina, and I really don't care If I have to pack up and travel for the help in organizing this a bit. I know I am a newer member and all, but for some reason (probably because of looking through all the other threads and seeing what u guys are like), I'm only asking you guys, not people from other forums/groups.

Heres a couple shots from my latest photo shoot,

Let me know what y'all think,
-Chris V.
« Last Edit: 2012-04-04, 17:47:47 by VaughnStrever »

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: A buisness concept, can u help? (not finacial)
« Reply #1 on: 2012-04-04, 23:40:29 »
Consider this....

You walk into a tent with open sides, in front of you is your table fitted with the most historically accurate table wares possible. Your seated and soon your eyes are drawn to a historical scene, with two (or more) men wearing historically accurate clothing of the 15th c. An argument breaks out between them and soon they fight, yet the conflict isn't over. You watch how each knight gathers more knights to settle this conflict,  soon the battle of fully armored knights breaks out. And you realize that every action seen is an accurate depiction of the wma and your table wares have brought you into the scene of a Living History Program!

Not only does this program have entertainment, but there is also food and wine/beer served. Not only all of that, but there is a live band playing anything from medieval tunes to swing/jazz when the program is not running. And even, yes, even a dance floor! An upscale environment of a True Living Historical Program of Entertainment and modern accommodations for Dancing the night away.

I love the idea of an immersive Living History presentation.  It's almost like a Living History Dinner Theater, which seems like a rather novel notion.  The only thing I personally wouldn't be too keen on is the dancing and swing/jazz stuff.  Are you trying to appeal to a broader audience with that?  I like the idea of keeping everything in context as much as possible.  But the dinner and drinks is a cool idea, especially if the food and beverages provided are of a historical nature as well (or at least having something like that as an option).  I can imagine walking in and sitting down in a 15th century tavern and watching the presentation.  Some more adventurous folk could partake of some historical food and glass of mead, whilst others could enjoy some more modern and conventional fare while they enjoy the presentation.  Drawing the audience into the action is a great idea.  Thrust them into the position of townsfolk watching a 15th century judicial duel or something to that effect... 
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

VaughnStrever

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: 2012-04-05, 13:52:59 »
the aspect of the live band, would be held near, not in the same area of the living history, actually I left out a portion of this concept. and that is, that there would be two tents.

one tent with the live band and dancing (historically accurate bands would be great, but I have looked in the area and the expense would be too great to have people travel in.) the second tent would cover the living history aspect. However both tents would have living history table wares, glasses jugs and so on.

I always wanted to take my wife to a upscale dinner and dancing joint. but I never could find it out there. So, entice people to enjoy modern music and dinning and dancing, and also offer the high end living history program to draw people into that. yes, a broader range of people.

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
« Reply #3 on: 2012-06-11, 01:16:57 »
Consider this....

I have already begun putting this business into effect with now only waiting for 2 more shipments I'll have enough inventory to put this together. I have taken legal advice, financial advice, planning, business consulting and all of the above... But all i need is people to help with their time to take a professional photo shoot and video (Yes I have the camera and video equipment)

Im in North Carolina, and I really don't care If I have to pack up and travel for the help in organizing this a bit. I know I am a newer member and all, but for some reason (probably because of looking through all the other threads and seeing what u guys are like), I'm only asking you guys, not people from other forums/groups.

Heres a couple shots from my latest photo shoot,

Let me know what y'all think,
-Chris V.

Hmmmmmm .... so a medieval theme like function involving buffet, beer & battle.  Medieval Times only with liquor & less drama. Will there be serving wenches ?? ;)
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2012-06-11, 16:43:44 »
I love the living history portion of the idea...the live jazz music and such not so much.  Why not incorporate period music and dance into the mix instead?  Everyone loves a foot-stomper, a la the bar scenes in the Crowe Robin Hood, which could be broken up by a tussle between two sauced up soldiers well into their cups?

Living History quality means all participants' kits would have to be up to snuff for the 15th C; I know mine is nowhere near.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.”

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Honorare scutum meum, veritas mea gladio
« Reply #5 on: 2012-06-11, 18:46:10 »
I like the idea itself and it is a good idea but do you have the means to make it happen? 

Without people, money and investments into Promotions and Equipment, it won't work. 

But You have something that I think we could do per say at the next Order of the Marshall Demo, the thing is I would be out of 15th Century Character, I'm more Late 16th Century.   
Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et SpirĂ­tui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Honor My Sword, Truth My Shield.