"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment."
                -- Marcus Aurelius (121 - 180)

Author Topic: Life. (be prepared for reading)  (Read 42649 times)

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Life. (be prepared for reading)
« Reply #120 on: 2012-07-20, 04:40:47 »
I haven't heard from my ex since we broke up a year ago but I did run into her ex-husband last month (same SCA principality, I was a Marshal for his Field at West Crown) and he thanked me for getting engaged to her as it finally got her off her ass to finalize their divorce. Shortly after he got engaged to a prettier, smarter, and nicer woman than our mutual ex.

While I currently an single I find I am happier not being in an abusive relationship. I don't know what she wanted but I turned out not to be it. I hold no animosity towards her but I do almost want to tell her current boyfriend to watch out & get himself checked.

Tis better to be alone and sane than not but in a crazed relationship.
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
« Reply #121 on: 2012-07-20, 04:44:23 »
I haven't heard from my ex since we broke up a year ago but I did run into her ex-husband last month (same SCA principality, I was a Marshal for his Field at West Crown) and he thanked me for getting engaged to her as it finally got her off her ass to finalize their divorce. Shortly after he got engaged to a prettier, smarter, and nicer woman than our mutual ex.

While I currently an single I find I am happier not being in an abusive relationship. I don't know what she wanted but I turned out not to be it. I hold no animosity towards her but I do almost want to tell her current boyfriend to watch out & get himself checked.

Tis better to be alone and sane than not but in a crazed relationship.

Ah, Shakespeare. A better quote be this...."Once a shrew, always a shrew. Now that she's gone... Wench, a brew!!!"
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
« Reply #122 on: 2012-07-20, 06:14:12 »
LOL!! Lord vanity!!! hahah!! well done!

Yes i agree, id rather be in no relationship than a bad one

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #123 on: 2012-07-20, 12:43:46 »

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #124 on: 2012-08-09, 16:11:38 »
LOL  that's hilarious...could've used that a few times.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€