"Do not be tricked into thinking that there are no crocodiles just because the water is still."
                -- Malaysian Proverb

Author Topic: The Modern Medieval DVD preview.  (Read 3631 times)

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
The Modern Medieval DVD preview.
« on: 2012-03-17, 22:45:10 »
This was posted by Syr Gemini DeGrendelous a few weeks back. It's a preview of the DVD he's putting out soon.

Thought some of y'all might be interested.

-Ivan
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: The Modern Medieval DVD preview.
« Reply #1 on: 2012-03-18, 02:03:39 »

Very cool, I'm glad to see him continuing to put out info for people.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2012-03-18, 02:32:26 »
Awesome. I hadn't gone to the site for a while and looked a few weeks ago and there were only a few new videos. I'm glad to see he's moving forward with it. He's very good at being on camera and has a unique spin with the modern / medieval aspect that I really like. I'm tied up in a fencing mask and a few other things soon so the DVD is out of the question for a bit, but if you get the video, let us know how it is.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2012-03-20, 21:30:44 »
In boxing, you see it less in jabs and more in power punches...the step and rotation of the hips transfers that weight and torque behind the punch.  Some of the best boxers to watch doing this are Ali, Holmes, Tyson, Floyd Mayweather.  All four had/have solid boxing mechanics- plus a greater understanding of how to maximize punching power, without necessarily letting your opponent know.  It is harder to see in footage of Ali and Holmes since all of their fights are pre-digital; in Tyson's early vids and any of Mayweathers you can see these principles put to devastating effect.

Sir Edward mentioned this some months back during a free-play session after the last knighting w/regard to cutting.  Excellent point.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€