Main > The Round Table

Lottery winner on Food Stamps?

(1/2) > >>

Sir Brian:
 :o ??? ::)

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gWRlVrTPWlmx_kbEXaAN7McBhObg?docId=CNG.6f9ac756de35a9ad97f5c753ab988f9d.521

Here is a fine example of the culmination of fraud and abuse when the government establishes and nurtures unchecked societal assistance programs. Take special note of the woman justifying her continuing to receive assistance:

--- Quote ---"I feel that it's okay because I mean, I have no income and I have bills to pay," Clayton told the station. "I have two houses... I'm struggling."
--- End quote ---
-   With such a rabid sense of entitlement rampant throughout society in our country, I confess my feelings that perhaps this nation would be better served if the government and our economy did completely collapse if for no other benefit than to enable those few who can be salvaged, to garner a little perspective.  :-\

Sir William:
That would be a collossal undertaking for the purposes of illuminating a very small percentage...it is unfortunate that the few will overshadow the many who actually need it but that is the point of such stories, I think.  To give perspective, but also to cause alarum- this is just the tip of the iceberg.  I've seen entire households where the parents and ALL of the children are receiving benefits- rent allotments as well as WIC and foodstamps.  And you know what really burns?  That they laugh at US because it is our tax dollars paying for them to live for FREE- and that they are immigrants, which is like pouring salt on an open grievous wound.

Sir James A:
Ugh, I heard this on the TV in the bathroom. The complete disconnect of brain from reality in some people is absolutely appalling sometimes.

Sir William:
Wait...you have a TV in your bathroom?  Talk about living in the lap of luxury...with regular paper/reading material deliveries, I'd never leave!!!  :)

Sir Edward:
Yeah I've been seeing stuff all over facebook about this. No self respect. I'd want to get off the hand-outs as fast as I possibly could.

On the other hand, I can't completely fault someone for taking what the government is still handing out. They really do need to adjust the rules so that as soon as the person is financially qualified to feed themselves, they stamps come to an end.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version