"Honor isn't about making the right choices. It's about dealing with the consequences."
                -- Koto Midori

Author Topic: Gotta get this off my chest.  (Read 21264 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
Re: Gotta get this off my chest.
« Reply #45 on: 2012-02-29, 03:38:14 »
okok i think i missed that part about the wma. my bad. i view it the same as a regular school of fighting, why would anyone else not? hehe

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #46 on: 2012-02-29, 04:47:12 »
Very well said, Ian. Allan, I agree, when the fun is gone, the point of it all is gone. I've almost all but abandoned my previous "hobby" because the fun died years ago and it became little more than a troublesome headache that I came to truly distaste.

I want to get out there and have fun, and I want to have practical knowledge that enhances my appreciation for the historical toys I collect.

This is the "heart" of it all for me. I don't want to win. I don't want to lose. I want to have fun, learn things, and share knowledge and enthusiasm with those who will listen. :)
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #47 on: 2012-03-01, 05:01:29 »
All,

I have found Sir Edwards long lost cousin...

My friend, Viscount Sir Thor Stagge of the West Kingdom. Yes his glasses have the Norwegian flag on them and he has a smurf on his tabbard. I guess if your a big enough badass no one can tell you boo yes?  ;D

http://history.westkingdom.org/Year42/Photos/OC73.htm

Just needed to remind everyone that I find great offence when folks get too damned nose-in-the-air, not that I think I'm right and they're wrong, just that their approach irks me. One of our leaders on this forum's profile pic has him rocking maille, a sword, and sunglasses and that is cool.
« Last Edit: 2012-03-01, 05:05:43 by RauttSkegg »
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #48 on: 2012-03-01, 14:21:11 »

Yeah, it's a bit of a trademark for me to be wearing shades with my armor. It's mostly because the pictures I get are usually taken at the renfaire, where I'm opting to wear the sunglasses to be comfortable, and am just sucking up the anachronism. But I've turned it into a bit of a joke, that they're part of the kit. :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #49 on: 2012-03-01, 18:49:29 »
If it isn't fun, it probably won't be worth doing in the long run.  For me, getting to study and learn something that I've been fascinated by pretty much my entire life, as far back as I can remember, is as good as it gets.  That I have met likeminded individuals is really the icing on an already great cake!
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€