"Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds."
                -- Franklin D. Roosevelt (1882 - 1945)

Author Topic: Merc's Tailor - was Re: Issues with Raymond's Quiet Press (RQP)  (Read 11897 times)

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
James, UPS tracking 1Z75R9v80353790265.

According to tracking, it's scheduled to get here today. :D I picked up the greaves yesterday (I wasn't home to sign for them when they first came). They are perfect! Thanks again for the fantastic work.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Allan, how'd the interview go?
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Allan Senefelder

• Forum Follower
Nothing back on the furniture shoppe nor the firearms restoration shoppe I interviewed at. I've got another batch of stuff made from leftover parts i'm throwing up tommorow to keep money comming in and 2-3 outstanding commissions to ship by the end of the week. The left overs have been tiding me over but of course i'd rather have a steady job. I'm getting low on parts and may end up having to make up a few things from scratch until a job materializes. I've got to make a buckler handle up tommorow for Ed, I may make up a few extras as I still have the handle barstock left over.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Woo! Bonus! I got my legs from Allan, as well as the greaves I sent to him to have tweaked to fit with my MRL gothic legs - and to my very pleasant surprise, they fit with both the MRL legs *AND* the 16th Cent MercTailor legs too - like a glove!

Huzzah!

Allan, I see absolutely nothing wrong with making some things from scratch. Just because Mercenary's Tailor closed it's doors doesn't mean you can't make some pieces randomly on the side to make some money. I quite encourage it, actually. The more of your work I get, the more of it I want - it's not very knightly, but I have no shame in admitting it. I hope good things are coming your way!
« Last Edit: 2011-12-16, 20:59:24 by James Anderson III »

Allan Senefelder

• Forum Follower
James, i'm glad your pleased and I appologize for the time it will take to get everything to you. Being just me working in the shoppe now and being able to focus on a single build at a time rather than trying to assembly line/multitask managing two people and mulitples of similar items is I think allowing me to put out an even better product than we had when open, being able to focus soley on a single item at a time. I personally was very happy with how your and Eric Koelers legs ( both of whom built and shipped last week ) turned out.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
James, i'm glad your pleased and I appologize for the time it will take to get everything to you. Being just me working in the shoppe now and being able to focus on a single build at a time rather than trying to assembly line/multitask managing two people and mulitples of similar items is I think allowing me to put out an even better product than we had when open, being able to focus soley on a single item at a time. I personally was very happy with how your and Eric Koelers legs ( both of whom built and shipped last week ) turned out.

No apologies necessary. You do fantastic work, and it's worth the wait - I'm just like a kid in a candy store and have the patience thereof. :) I would much rather wait 6 months for great armor from you that looks, fits and works the way it should - rather than get my armor in 2 weeks from some place in india that is "one size is all we make", barely articulating, with random rust spots and/or dried out leather, and machine-made poorly defined fluting - speaking from personal experience.

You should be very happy with how the legs turned out - they're amazing. The fit and flexibility are almost as if I was there while you were building them.

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
you may need to split this topic, but we want more pictures!! awesome work!

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org

Done.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran

Done.

Thank you, Sir Edward. I get carried away easily asking about armor and posting pictures. :)

As you wish! :D

The little things go a long way - the hand-rolled and roped borders, the washer on the straps to help prevent tear-outs, the slotted rivets for articulation AND compression instead of stiff clam-shell articulation with no compression which gives it the amazing range of motion - definitely my favorite armor!

Allan Senefelder

• Forum Follower
James, tracking number for the arms ( USPS this time ) 03110240000149053133. Hope you like 'em.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
James, tracking number for the arms ( USPS this time ) 03110240000149053133. Hope you like 'em.

Excellent, thanks Allan!