"The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the stairs... one step at a time."
                -- Joe Girard

Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic  (Read 21272 times)

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
« Reply #45 on: 2012-06-25, 01:02:11 »
I got the email notification of the free toon xfer. Still feel overall like EA forced BW's hand and made them release an unfinished product with respect to endgame. The leveling experience was awesome, but there's only so much huttball one can take at max level. Ill keep my char around for a major content release or xpac. Been playing too much Diablo 3 lately anyway :).

I don't like instanced capitals. I loved the hustle and bustle of Ironforge and later Stormwind in WoW because there were always so many people. And 20+ per planet just sounds so desolate still.  I'll admit it, I was hoping for WoW caliber, in the Star Wars universe with Bioware's storytelling.  Unfortunately EA sucks.
« Last Edit: 2012-06-25, 01:05:28 by Ian »
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #46 on: 2012-06-25, 02:56:39 »
Yeah, I had a blast til I hit endgame. I did the PVP thing for a while, and then moved on to other things. D3 is where I am these days as well, though I'll be putting more time back into Tribes:Ascend again soon, I'm sure... and I'm looking forward to the Planetside 2 beta.

I did my character transfer, and unfortunately someone took my character name over there already. That stinks, I thought mine was simple and yet completely unique. So now I have to think of something else.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
« Reply #47 on: 2012-06-25, 08:28:09 »
So, those in the first wave of pre-orders are playing now as the servers went live today.  Was wondering if anyone here will be playing, then maybe we can pick servers etc. together if anyone wants to go that route.  Just thought I would gauge interest!   ;D

I love this game but same thing..if I ordered it, I would never get off my laptop at home.
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)