Main > The Round Table

A Victim Treats His Mugger Right

<< < (3/3)

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2011-12-03, 08:20:18 ---Very true Ian, but it is that very real possibility that makes this an awesome story! After all life without risk is no life at all. On another note I personally would feel less threatened by a knife than I would by a gun but I still don't think I could have done what he did because my compassion doesn't run that deep.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Neither does mine, and that is part of the problem with society as a whole.  We've become much more insular with the advent of new technologies that allow us to create these little living spaces online that allow us to interact and yet still shield us from the world at large.  It is simple to click off a window and terminate a conversation, but a lot harder to get up and walk away from a face to face.  For some, anyway.

I think this man took a decidedly negative situation and turn it into something positive...I hope all such instances have the same outcome, even if, in our jaded, cynical outlooks, we know, or think we know better.

Thorsteinn:
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence."
    -Mahatma Gandhi

SirNathanQ:
I personally would be in the camp of "thrash the guy down one side" and then "the other for good measure."
I have a pretty small tolerance of those seeking to intimidate and take by force what people have aquired honestly and properly, and I personally think such knaves and curs should be taught a lesson about the law and their place in life.
Anyway, I am really glad for both of them though. One has already proven himself to be a much better man than I, and hopefully the other will take the path back to becomeing a decent human being.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version